Search found 6 matches

by Dgal
14 Nov 2010, 19:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: help needed to find town of ancestors
Replies: 21
Views: 6583

Re: help needed to find town of ancestors

Carmine thanks for the WWI view. I was able to get on Ancestry and found it too. I know there is a 2 yr. discrepancy on the wwI card. wwII card, his death certificate and tombstone all have 1887. And the 1910 census has him at 23 yrs of age so that's why I go with 1887. The person you found on 1906 ...
by Dgal
12 Nov 2010, 03:47

BTW Debi, how do you get WWI records?
by Dgal
12 Nov 2010, 03:44

Yes, I will try and achieve the death cert. somehow that should help. I believe I may have found my GF Pietro on the Ellis island records. It says there was an 8 year old boy arriving in Nov. of 1895 and that is probably him although I'll have to see if Ellis Island has more info. than that. Thanks ...
by Dgal
11 Nov 2010, 17:55

Yes I imagine that is the case since even I do that when people ask where I'm from. ; )

Thanks Carmine
by Dgal
11 Nov 2010, 17:44

Gosh I appreciate everyone's help. I don't think the Pietro listed in 1906 is my GF. His actual bday year is 1887 which would put him at age 18...but lord knows it is a possibility. the draft registration card is definitely his-- Thank you. Brings a tear to my eye looking at his handwriting and know...
by Dgal
11 Nov 2010, 15:04

help needed to find town of ancestors

I know this will be very difficult but does anyone know how I may find out the town of my GGF? His name is Christopher Anselmi birth about 1843 from the Northern region of Italy. This is the only info I have. He was married to Ester Mastri or Maestri. They departed from Genoa on 6/5/1893 on a ship c...