Search found 26 matches

by vanessam
11 May 2012, 14:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Police check needed for new Italian passport applicants?
Replies: 2
Views: 1648

Police check needed for new Italian passport applicants?

I am just wondering what happens after you have received the AIRE letter - do all or only some consulates undertake a police check before issuing a new passport? I have never had an Italian passport nor have I been a resident. I am applying through the consulate in Melbourne who seem to love giving ...
by vanessam
25 Apr 2012, 04:59
Topic: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
Replies: 11
Views: 4931

Re: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?

Oh poor you - it is something that we all go through, it's very soul destroying especially when you're dealing with a consulate officer with no sympathy like mine. All of my documents had some errors - some spelling, some even birth dates. While it is frustrating, it is more just time consuming and ...
by vanessam
25 Apr 2012, 04:27
Topic: I GOT MY LETTER!
Replies: 7
Views: 2993

I GOT MY LETTER!

Yesterday was the best letter box visit ever - I finally received my letter from Italy! My appointment at the consulate is at the end of May and I should walk out with my Italian passport. I say 'should' because I know who I am dealing with and don't want to leave disappointed! Thank you to everyone...
by vanessam
31 Dec 2011, 08:06
Topic: added to AIRE....is this official?!
Replies: 3
Views: 1889

Re: added to AIRE....is this official?!

Wow - don't question it, go with it!! As you can see on some of these threads, most of us have been waiting months....someone is smiling down on you! I'm not as knowledgable as some on this forum, but if you have received written confirmation saying that you have been added then it's safe to say you...
by vanessam
31 Dec 2011, 08:00
Topic: What happens after the appointment?
Replies: 11
Views: 3792

Re: What happens after the appointment?

Congratulations! What a great way to end the year :)
How long did you wait?
by vanessam
24 Nov 2011, 02:45
Topic: Citizenship approval process via Italy?
Replies: 27
Views: 9452

Re: Citizenship approval process via Italy?

Thanks for your advice Jennabet, I will be staying here in Melbourne until the letter arrives so I can apply for my passport.....not leaving until I have it all sorted! Nice to hear from you and glad it's so far, so good for you and your husband. Will let you know how it all goes at my end too....le...
by vanessam
09 Nov 2011, 09:42

I have another question - when I get the recognition letter from Italy, can I take this letter and apply for a passport to any Italian consulate or do you need to apply for the passport where you started the process, i.e. Melbourne in my case. I am asking because there is also a serious backlog of p...
by vanessam
26 Oct 2011, 21:22

@Jennabet
Def not leaving Aust without my Italian passport!
Congrats on everything working out with your significant other's passport....that seems that an acceptable time frame. Are you moving to Italy? Good luck with everything and I will keep the forum updated!
by vanessam
26 Oct 2011, 11:39

@Jennabet I do have a plane ticket for Jan 2012; you don't need an Italian passport to travel to Italy, I need my Italian passport to study/work in Italy and the EU...besides, this still did not help matters, I was told to wait and not count on leaving in Jan. When I say the Melb consulate are beyon...
by vanessam
25 Oct 2011, 12:33

I wish you were here, Riccardo!! Melbourne is just terrible....after telling me the process will take at least six months, the officer went onto advise me "don't call every week, don't send emails - you will get the document when Italy gets it done." Excellent customer service!! You're com...
by vanessam
25 Oct 2011, 12:04

When I went to my mum's commune in Italy I was lucky enough to be accompanied by my B&B host and the officer who worked at the commune spoke perfect English as she studied in Melbourne in the 1970s - it was a complete blessing, believe me, I know how lucky I was!! I have emailed my B&B host ...
by vanessam
25 Oct 2011, 09:20

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I had a job offer but this was dependant on the outcome of my passport coming through. I have to go back to the consulate so I will ask again if there is anything they can do to move things along, I mentioned the job offer and the officer just shrugged and s...
by vanessam
24 Oct 2011, 13:12

Citizenship approval process via Italy?

Hello everyone! I've had quite a day - very bitter sweet! You may recall me posting in Aug about acquiring documents in Italy. Anyway, I had my second appointment today at the Melbourne (AUS) consulate and it was to hand in all my documentation in order to become an Italian citizen (jure sanguinis t...
by vanessam
04 Aug 2011, 14:23
Topic: Births/Deaths/Marriages certificate office in Rome?
Replies: 19
Views: 11229

Re: Births/Deaths/Marriages certificate office in Rome?

Hello everyone, As promised, I thought I'd let you know my experience. So I went to the little commune office in Dinami (it really is a one-street town) and I was really expecting the worst after the US company I used to track down the certificate in the first place came back with a 'no record found...