Search found 5 matches

by LDL707
19 Apr 2017, 22:39
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Proving Tuscan Citizenship (pre-Unification)
Replies: 2
Views: 1349

Re: Proving Tuscan Citizenship (pre-Unification)

"Well to counter that argument, try to find the baptism records of his parents. If they were born in Pontremoli or a nearby comune, then they wouldn't be "aliens"...Austrian or otherwise." I have his father's (Angelo) death record, which shows his birthdate and birthplace (1807 i...
by LDL707
19 Apr 2017, 08:50
Topic: Proving Tuscan Citizenship (pre-Unification)
Replies: 2
Views: 1349

Proving Tuscan Citizenship (pre-Unification)

I am applying for jus sanguinis dual citizenship through the Chicago consulate. I have all of the documents, translations, etc. The Italian line through which I am applying is my Great-Great-Grandfather->Great-Grandfather->Grandfather->Father. My Great-Great-Grandfather was born in 1851 in Guinadi, ...
by LDL707
08 Jul 2013, 08:26
Topic: Official UK document to confirm ancestor never naturalised
Replies: 1
Views: 1412

Re: Official UK document to confirm ancestor never naturalis

I wrote the UK National Archives and received a letter confirming that they had no record of my great-great-grandfather's naturalization. The letter was on UK National Archives letterhead and explained the specific archives that were searched. I e-mailed the Italian consulate in London, assuming tha...
by LDL707
08 Apr 2012, 08:54
Topic: Addressing Inconsistencies
Views: 1050

Addressing Inconsistencies

I am gathering the documents to apply for recognition of my Italian citizenship jure sanguinis. As I've been doing so, I've come across a couple of inconsistencies. Several of these are major, but the majority of them are pretty minor. The line that I'm using is GGGrandfather - GGrandfather - Grandf...
by LDL707
20 Jun 2011, 22:24
Topic: Double checking eligibility jus sanguinis, with some complic
Views: 929

Double checking eligibility jus sanguinis, with some complic

Double Checking Eligibility I'm fairly certain that I'm eligible for Italian citizenship, but I just wanted to make sure. I will be applying through the Chicago consulate. My great-great-grandfather was born in Pontremoli, Massa-Carrara in 1853. At some unknown point, but probably in the mid-1870s, ...