Yes, it helps a lot.
Of course, it provides some answers and lots of new questions
No idea why my great-great-grandfather is mentioned as "Giovanni Battista" in some places and "Battista Ferrario" in others.
Much appreciated! I will take you up on that: All I have is the birth certificate: Carlo (Giuseppe) Cascarini, Born march 18, 1851. son of Giovanni Battista Cascarini and Agata (or Agueda) Bussi Franzozi (or Fransosi/sozi/zosi).Registered in San Vincenzo Parish.
Hello all
I just found my great grandfather 'Carlo Cascarini' birth certificate from Gera Lario, Como in 1851.
Was wondering if anyone else has researched those lastnames or may know of databases or records from that area that could be checked.
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...