by jpotokar
20 Sep 2015, 04:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DeCapua (De Capua) Family Name
Replies: 7
Views: 4220

Re: DeCapua (De Capua) Family Name

Hello Susan, once again.

It seems that you havent retrieved my PMs that I sent. If you should log on here again, and read my posts here, you can then check your PM box regarding out common family tie.

Hope you get them and look forward to hearing back from you.

Jeff
by jpotokar
11 Sep 2015, 01:22

Hello, Susan,

You sent me a PM regarding our common relative (De Capua / DiTirro) from Cleveland,OH. I sent you a couple PMs thru the site here, but not sure if they have gone thru, as they still say they are in my Outbox. Hopefully they have been sent on. Let me know.

Jeff
by jpotokar
25 Nov 2011, 02:44
Topic: Giuseppe Di Tirro from Gildone, Campbasso
Replies: 0
Views: 724

Giuseppe Di Tirro from Gildone, Campbasso

This is a great, great uncle of mine. He and his wife, Carolina De Capua, were married and living in Gildone. He was born in May 1865 and emigrated to the US in 1891. He settled in Cleveland, OH's Little Italy area (Murray Hill/Mayfield Rd area). His wife, Carolina, followed, the following year, in ...
by jpotokar
10 Nov 2011, 18:48

Thanks all, who have responded to this question. On my great grandfather's early papers (and before he decided to change his name to the very simple name of Son), his last name was usually spelled De Capua. But because I had seen other items like US census and even his death certificate spelled as D...
by jpotokar
10 Nov 2011, 10:12
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: General Posting Question/Approval time frame
Replies: 2
Views: 5184

Re: General Posting Question/Approval time frame

Thanks so much for the information.

Greatly appreciated!

Jeff
by jpotokar
10 Nov 2011, 02:42
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: General Posting Question/Approval time frame
Replies: 2
Views: 5184

General Posting Question/Approval time frame

Hello Forum, I joined the forum this afternoon, and several hours ago, I uploaded my first post, inquiring about my great grandfather's surname. When i hit the "submit" button, i saw a notice that said my new topic would have to be approved before it was seen in the forum. I just logged ba...
by jpotokar
09 Nov 2011, 23:02

DeCapua (De Capua) Family Name

Hello all. I just joined the forum, in my quest to further locate information about the Italian side of my family. I have found much, once my great grandfather and his sisters came to the United States and settled in Cleveland, OH but have been wanting to go back further, prior to the time of his ar...