Search found 16 matches

by ARotolante
13 Mar 2019, 12:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: a "proietta" from " genitori incesti" - what now?
Replies: 15
Views: 4866

Re: a "proietta" from " genitori incesti" - what now?

That's an interesting thought, Pippo. I will have to check the Diversi to see if that happened. Thank you for the suggestion!
by ARotolante
13 Mar 2019, 02:00

Following up with this after many years.....I have a new wrinkle with my ancestor Innocenza "Proietta". In most of her children's birth records - her name is given as Innocenza Proietta. Then on one of her daughter's birth records, she is listed as Innocenza Esposita. Makes sense. I've see...
by ARotolante
05 May 2014, 14:28
Topic: Italian records site down?
Replies: 12
Views: 4313

Re: Italian records site down?

Yay! That's fantastic!!!! :D
by ARotolante
04 May 2014, 23:42

Hi, Lucia

The site you came across is actually quite different. It looks like the site you found is for people who want to help index the Italian records.

The one I was using has actual digital images of the original records for research.

Cheers!
Ann :)
by ARotolante
04 May 2014, 01:30

Well - it's nice that is FREE. I wish it were indexed, but that's okay. It was also free (a couple of years ago) through Family Search. If Ancestry takes over, then it would require a membership to access the records. I don't know what I'll do if they pull the records portal down permanently. I've b...
by ARotolante
01 May 2014, 23:10

Italian records site down?

I was wondering if anyone knew what is happening with the Italian records portal. http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it I haven't been able to access it for the last couple of days. I'd been using it to research my Capestrano ancestors. Anytime I navigate there now, the page won't load. I use Chr...
by ARotolante
12 May 2012, 22:23
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: "fratello in secondo grado" - what does this mean?
Replies: 7
Views: 2301

Re: "fratello in secondo grado" - what does this mean?

Wow. This is very interesting. Thanks for weighing in on this, John.
by ARotolante
12 May 2012, 17:47

Re: "fratello in secondo grado" - what does this mean?

Here is a link to the image. I hope it works. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22841-14677-60?cc=1937372&wc=MML7-F42:1059418562 If it doesn't, the image is at FamilySearch.org in the records "Italy, L'Aquila Civil Registration (State Archive) 1809-1865" for L'Aquila, Capes...
by ARotolante
12 May 2012, 00:28

"fratello in secondo grado" - what does this mean?

Hello, everyone. I was looking at a death record in Capestrano. The two witnesses are listed in a way I hadn't seen before. One is listed as the deceased's "fratello in secondo grado" and the other is the deceased's "cugino in quarto grado". What does this mean? I get that one is...
by ARotolante
19 Mar 2012, 15:01

Thank you so much for your help, Pippo!

I was not even close with some of my guesses on the translation. So my Italian can only improve from here :)

I'm so happy to have this translated - both the handwriting and the text. Thank you again!
by ARotolante
19 Mar 2012, 06:45

I'm stuck on translating this document. UGH! Could you help me with some phrases? I've got that Innocenza was found on the portico of a monastery in this comune, followed by the phrase: "prepo de'quali esso Dichiarante trovasi in qualita di Garzone," and was wrapped in some ragged diapers ...
by ARotolante
09 Mar 2012, 18:59

Thanks to your help, I've gone back to Innocenza's original birth registration, dated 28 Dec 1825, which describes her being found on the portico of a monastery in Capestrano. What is a translation for "pannolini lauri"? I understand pannolini are diapers. The only translation for "la...
by ARotolante
09 Mar 2012, 17:27

Wow - Livio! You are fast!

I just finished catching up on my morning correspondence and was about to go digging.....

Ferdinando and Innocenza are two of my 3rd great-grandparents, so it will be nice to have a little more detail on her "origins".

Thank you!
by ARotolante
09 Mar 2012, 16:09

Thanks for the great tips! Innocenza did marry in Capestrano in 1851. I will have a look right away at the "Matrimoni processetti" to see what turns up for her. "Genitori incerti"........what a difference one letter makes! On a side note, while looking at the records of Capestran...