Search found 7 matches

by jhscanio
17 Apr 2012, 02:44
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Dish made with bread
Replies: 4
Views: 16976

Re: Dish made with bread

Can you provide any more information on what the dish is like? Sweet or savory, served hot or cold, was a side dish or eaten on its own, were there any other ingredients you can remember?
by jhscanio
16 Apr 2012, 05:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Please help with USA Naturalization Question
Replies: 15
Views: 4333

Re: Please help with USA Naturalization Question

Ii won't argue the point with you, jennabet, because I believe this is an area open to interpretation. It may be a good idea for mhscanio to contact the consulate again for clarification. If you do so, mhscanio, please post again and let us know what's they tell you. There is a considerable differe...
by jhscanio
04 Apr 2012, 03:36

Another question is would myself, as his Wife and our Son obtain citizenship at the same time? We plan on moving to Italy in the not too distant future and I would need to get a job and our son would need to be registered in school and we would need to buy a house.

Thanks!
by jhscanio
04 Apr 2012, 03:30

Actually, moving there is not actually necessary. He will need to inform the consulate of his intention to reacquire his lost citizenship and then establish residency within a year of making this declaration. Once he is in Italy, he informs the comune that he has established residency, and once his...
by jhscanio
02 Apr 2012, 19:56

Thanks for your responses. My husband managed to speak with the consulate and they said under the 1983 he does not qualify :( However, she did say that my husband can re-acquire his citizenship by moving there. Naturally we have questions on this process, but will post separately after we do some re...
by jhscanio
02 Apr 2012, 16:21

Only the father was residing in California and the naturalization cert for him was in Cali. My husbands mother and his father were not married or living together at the time. Hi father and mother eventually got married in 1993 an then divorced later that year.
by jhscanio
02 Apr 2012, 04:04

Please help with USA Naturalization Question

Hi all, I am really hoping someone can help us with an issue that seems to have arisen with my husbands application for Italian citizenship. After 2.5 years of document collecting across 3 different continents, appointments and request for additional documentation my husband finally submitted the la...