Search found 55 matches

by frankdamore
25 Jun 2017, 20:24
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help w/ a birth record
Replies: 7
Views: 321

Re: Help w/ a birth record

You must have some really trained eyes. I have two more, if you kindly can check for me. #12 on the left - no idea what parent names look to be for Russo Emmi's look (to me) like Joseph and Maria something? Dec 8, 1818 https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9ZG-QX1K?i=2017&cat=1165067 #9 at t...
by frankdamore
25 Jun 2017, 16:00

Thanks again!

Did I have that correct about Rosario being the father of Rosario and Ignatius the father of Gaetana?
by frankdamore
25 Jun 2017, 15:08

Hi Tessa (and others), Any chance you can help with one more? It's #6 at the bottom left. I'm trying to make it out and I know it's Rosario Russo and Gaetana LaSpina... Looks like Rosario, child of Rosario? Gaetana, child of Ignazio ? Anything different or additional on there? https://familysearch.o...
by frankdamore
25 Jun 2017, 06:59

Help w/ a birth record

I finally found my great grandfather's birth record! I believe it says Nov 25 1854, Ignazio Russo born from Rosario Russo and ? LaSpina? Ale to extract the first name and/or other info from there? It's record #42 on the left hand side (when looking at it), 2nd from the bottom https://familysearch.or...
by frankdamore
08 Jun 2017, 22:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DiGiacomo family
Views: 306

Re: DiGiacomo family

Hi Marty or others, I found some more after searching! Are you able to offer any assistance with these records (just giving the basics of what it says: parents, date, etc): If not checking these all out, any help to show me where I should focus on those paragraphs to obtain the info would be much ap...
by frankdamore
08 Jun 2017, 15:03

Thanks, Marty.

I have a record that shows that Sebastion marrying a Caterina Lunghino also. Hopefully it's a deeper cousin on his mom's side!
by frankdamore
08 Jun 2017, 14:28

Awesome!, thank you.

Any chance anyone (who can read/interpret) Italian can briefly summarize these? I always hated these records. Reminds me of a long run on sentence.
by frankdamore
08 Jun 2017, 05:04

DiGiacomo family

Hello, I visited St. Anthony's church in Buffalo today and ended up taking 128 pictures of old church records. I couldn't believe the amount of DiGiacomos in my family. The names repeat so often that I have names upon names (same) of family members. I was hoping for a little help just to determine a...
by frankdamore
23 May 2017, 05:46
Topic: Belfiore (Cordova) birth
Replies: 18
Views: 765

Re: Belfiore (Cordova) birth

I went through the 1866 and 1867 birth records and only came across Maria Belfiore. Any chance that is "Francesca" as mentioned earlier? List of Belfiore's ... http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Caltanissetta/Stato+civile+italiano/Caltanissetta/Nati+indici+decennali/1866...
by frankdamore
22 May 2017, 20:43

That's a huge find! Thank you.

I will see if I can find a connection between Francesca Belfiore and Calogera Belfiore (if they were sisters or have a similar grandparent). .

MUCH appreciated, Tessa!
by frankdamore
22 May 2017, 19:45

Thanks again. She is evasive! I believe she stayed in Ohio. Her husband, Giovanni, passed in 1932 (in Ohio). My grandmother was in Ohio until about 1938. I even tried trying to get the naturalization docs of my great grandparents (Sam/Salvatore and Grace). The records show they both naturalized. Ohi...
by frankdamore
17 May 2017, 18:17

Thanks again for the help.

I went through the years and only came across one Cordova in 1929 (Mary).

It's like Frances just disappeared!
by frankdamore
17 May 2017, 04:27

what is the source of Francesca's death date of May 17, 1923 that i see in the collections on family search? I do not believe that is sourced. On my physical tree, I have the date as unknown still. I searched the cemetery where her husband is buried, death records in Ohio, and paid for a vital stat...
by frankdamore
16 May 2017, 22:06

Thanks for the help. I've been trying to track down Francesca's death record also (in the US) and cannot succeed with that either. It's like she is a ghost (besides the marriage records). Her first son was Giuseppe Cordova, born 2-7-1884. He married Ignazia (Nancy) Elia. I tried doing some reverse s...
by frankdamore
16 May 2017, 20:24

Definitely did not mean 1875. I would hope they do not start that early! Their first child was born in 1884 (she would have been 17/18 then). Maybe the area of marriage or birth is different for Francesca? Giovanni Cordova was born in Bagheria in 1863 (her husband). Francesca Belfiore (on a cousin's...