Search found 15 matches

by Carolynbateman
18 Jul 2014, 03:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Potenzone from Messina Italy
Replies: 23
Views: 3049

Re: Potenzone from Messina Italy

I would agree with you... looking at the records it does make sense. Thanks. I did receive an email from one of the relatives who believes Dominick and Rose Potenzone (who were the parents of Santo Potenzone born 10 March 1890) died during the Messina earthquake leaving Santo an orphan... and that's...
by Carolynbateman
15 Jul 2014, 19:28

Marty, I think I found more info on Anna Costa's mother Maria... I believe she was born Maria Rosa Teresa Donato 24 April 1843 in Modena, Modena, Italy. Her father was Giuseppe and mother Angela Bulgarelli. This information was from the Ancestry.com. Italy, Select Births and Baptisms, 1806-1900 [dat...
by Carolynbateman
14 Jul 2014, 23:48

I'm just amazed with how much information you have been able to find... and so quickly!! I just can't thank you enough! I was really frustrated at so many dead ends & you have given life back into my tree. I just love seeing the old documents. It's really quite amazing. Thank you, Marty!! You're...
by Carolynbateman
14 Jul 2014, 19:38

Marty, Once again, you made my day!! Thank you so much for the help. I so much appreciate it! I had read about the Messina earthquake in 1908 and afterward many were forced to emigrate to the US in 1909. Most of the family I have found emigrated in 1907. I wish I was this interested in history 25 ye...
by Carolynbateman
13 Jul 2014, 04:40

Marty,
Thank you so much!! I am trying to follow your lead and find the others.
I really appreciate your help and instruction.
Carolyn
by Carolynbateman
11 Jul 2014, 20:06

No unfortunately not yet but I am searching through familysearch. I was told that Giacomo Potenzone II (who you found the birth record for... 2 March 1894) - he and Antonia Giordano had two sons: Francesco and Giuseppe II Giuseppe Potenzone II supposedly married Maria _?_ and they had three sons: Gi...
by Carolynbateman
11 Jul 2014, 03:56

Thank you once again! The online class is wonderful. I tried the other link but it seems there are a lot of people online. I will keep trying. The document you posted now has me searching for more information on Maria... I have her father, Domenico, but I only had found 4 children & no Maria. Yo...
by Carolynbateman
10 Jul 2014, 13:25

Marty, So last night I followed your lead and started searching on familysearch.org. I guess I don't have to say, I am a beginner at researching. I spent a couple hours plugging in names and dates in different searches coming up with nothing. I know not to get discouraged, I know I am just not searc...
by Carolynbateman
09 Jul 2014, 18:54

Thank you so much for the information.
I really do appreciate the help!
I did not know of familysearch... I will definitely check that out.
by Carolynbateman
09 Jul 2014, 02:43

Santo arrived in New York from Naples in 1907 on the ship "Italia". I was at a Potenzone family reunion over the weekend and received some stories from some of the older aunts and uncles about Santo but nothing I have been able to prove yet. The Giuseppe Potenzone connection was given to m...
by Carolynbateman
09 Jul 2014, 02:31

I do not have Santo's birth certificate but I have his draft card.
by Carolynbateman
08 Jul 2014, 03:32

Potenzone from Messina Italy

Hi! I am looking for information about Giacomo Potenzone I (born abt 1815) from Messina, Italy - Delle Conceriels 497 No 27. He had 5 children - two of which I know: 1. Dominick Potenzone married to Rose - they had 4 children (one being Santo Potenzone born 10 March 1890 Messina Italy, died 18 June ...
by Carolynbateman
19 Apr 2012, 13:45
Topic: Bagarozza/Piserchia Family (Italy to Newark, NJ)
Replies: 4
Views: 1361

Re: Bagarozza/Piserchia Family (Italy to Newark, NJ)

Thank you, suanj. That is the right family indeed. I had come across a Boston Francesco but could not prove the connection. I'm very new at this but have been able to find a lot more information than I thought I would but became frustrated when I got stuck. This is my boyfriend's family and I'm doin...
by Carolynbateman
18 Apr 2012, 17:53
Topic: Bagarozza/Piserchia Family (Italy to Newark, NJ)
Replies: 4
Views: 1361

Bagarozza/Piserchia Family (Italy to Newark, NJ)

Hi! I'm researching Joseph Anthony Bagarozza's family and have hit a road block. Any help would be very much appreciated. This is what I have... Joseph Anthony Bagarozza Sr (1926-1995) married to Rose Marie Potenzone (1926-1990). They had children: Nancy, Joseph Jr., Salvatore, Michael, and Patrick....