Search found 4 matches

by Holies
05 Jul 2012, 22:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Birth Certificate Apostille for Italy
Replies: 7
Views: 4369

Re: Birth Certificate Apostille for Italy

You don't even know how difficult it is to make an appt with the consulate. There are so many people there. I wish the consulate had more workers. So I'm going through the Consulate of Italy, they told me I had to get several birth certificate apostilles, mainly my father, grandfather etc. I also ha...
by Holies
05 Jul 2012, 22:57
Topic: USCIS - remove staple?
Replies: 1
Views: 1127

Re: USCIS - remove staple?

It's probably not recommended to remove staples, I believe only the officials can remove the staples. I am applying GGF-GF-F-me in NYC. I originally ordered the NARA documentation of my GGF's naturalization (intention, petition and oath). Because of discrepencies in my GGM's name and marriage date, ...
by Holies
05 Jul 2012, 22:56
Topic: Paris Consulate
Replies: 2
Views: 1443

Re: Paris Consulate

Yup, still true. NY docs do need to be legalized. My bro went there 2 weeks ago. Yes, the paris consulate requires that NY documents be "legalized" for all vital records. This means they are apostilled and translated correctly. They will also request the NY Consulate approve any records as...
by Holies
05 Jul 2012, 22:55
Topic: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for NYC
Replies: 25
Views: 9185

Re: Original Naturalization Certificate Not Good Enough for

What does anglicized mean? So, I just had my citizenship appointment in NYC. I got rejected for two reasons. One was that my GGF's name was anglicized on my GM's BC - I expected that one, and am working on getting a court order. But what I didn't expect was this... I was asked for the naturalization...