Search found 17 matches

by astrorse
25 Jun 2003, 15:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ZINNA + MANFRINI/MONFRINI + BIANCO
Replies: 5
Views: 7062

About Giuseppe Bianco: could I contact the government of Piaggine (I know they have a website), and might they have records pertaining to the Bianco family? If so, one problem: I dont speak Italian.
by astrorse
25 Jun 2003, 15:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Peluso?????
Replies: 4
Views: 6269

re

So, do you think it would be worth it to continue investigation on him? I know almost nothing about Giuseppes life in Italy or his ancestors, so maybe it would be worth it (Giuseppe said Salvatore was his cousin)? Is it possible that Giuseppe made him up? Is there a way I can look up Salvatore ...
by astrorse
13 May 2003, 01:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Peluso?????
Replies: 4
Views: 6269

Wait, you found records of him?
by astrorse
08 May 2003, 23:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Geremia Surname - Menfi
Replies: 4
Views: 6181

Well, the Ellis Island manifest states both his last residence and birthplace as Menfi.
by astrorse
08 May 2003, 23:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Peluso?????
Replies: 4
Views: 6269

Salvatore Peluso?????

My great- great- grandfather, Giuseppe Zinna, came to Ellis Island in 1906. On the ships manifest, it says that Giuseppe intended to go to 'his cousin Salvatore Peluso'. No one in my family has ever heard of anyone by that name. The address I am unable to make out, because of poor handwriting. It ...
by astrorse
07 May 2003, 02:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ZINNA + MANFRINI/MONFRINI + BIANCO
Replies: 5
Views: 7062

Thanx

K
by astrorse
04 May 2003, 22:50
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Surnames: Delfiacco
Replies: 12
Views: 18075

Go to: http://kevdb.infospace.com/_1_2PI8TRP02OZ7UOJ__home/wp/intl/results/kevdb?OTMPL=%2Fwp%2Fresults.htm&QFM=N&QK=5&KCFG=IT&QN=Del+fiacco&QF=&QC=

Also:
http://kevdb.infospace.com/_1_2PI8TRP02OZ7UOJ__home/wp/email/results/kevdb?OTMPL=wp%2Femail%2Fresults.htm&QK=5&QN=Del+fiacco&QO=it&KCFG=email ...
by astrorse
04 May 2003, 22:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ingrassano, Nicotra, Baninna, Orlando Families
Replies: 18
Views: 10252

ORLANDI-From the first name Orlando, derived from the old name Rolando
by astrorse
04 May 2003, 22:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rand from Rome
Replies: 3
Views: 5585

by astrorse
04 May 2003, 03:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ZINNA + MANFRINI/MONFRINI + BIANCO
Replies: 5
Views: 7062

I want to find info about Giuseppe and Natalie's parents or siblings.
by astrorse
04 May 2003, 03:39
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Italy and/or Germany?????????????????
Replies: 3
Views: 7358

Thanks. I found out about what it means from http://www.italyworldclub.com/genealogy/surnames/
It says "ZINNI, ZINNO- From the dialect words "zinnu" or "zinna" = small, little", so apparently 'Zinna' is a local word.
by astrorse
04 May 2003, 03:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Information about Brogio & Broggio surnames
Replies: 26
Views: 27174

Meaning

BROGELLI, BROGETTI, BROGI, BROGINI, BROGIO, BROSIO

From the first name Ambrogio, deriving from the latin name Ambrosius = Immortal