Search found 13 matches

by digatta
08 Sep 2012, 18:47
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: The best place to declare Jus Sanguinis
Replies: 15
Views: 6616

Re: The best place to declare Jus Sanguinis

so i've got a question that is related to *where* to apply from and hoping somebody might answer it on this thread. i'm going to send in application later this year which is purely to arrange an appointment with the consulate of my jurisdiction. however, i'm planning on traveling for an extended per...
by digatta
08 Sep 2012, 09:48
Topic: Italian Comune Birth Certificate Date and Surname
Replies: 9
Views: 3898

Re: Italian Comune Birth Certificate Date and Surname

As far as the comune reading of an index and telling you there is no day/month, this would only occur if the index survived and the records did not. Isloa del Liri has this situation. Great indexes, but lacking many records. i sure hope this isn't the case. i just found the necessary naturalization...
by digatta
06 Sep 2012, 23:44

Since the State archives records are copies of the ones held in the Comune how can they be more accurate? If the one held in the comune has no day/month it would seem that it may have been reconstructed after the originals were destroyed by possibly someone other than the person themselves. Hi mili...
by digatta
06 Sep 2012, 23:19

You can order the Federal Census records online at the National Archives at -- https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonline/start.swe?SWECmd=GotoView&SWEView=GPEA+Product+Detail+-+Features+View+FFO&SWEHo=eservices.archives.gov&SWETS=1199728061&SWEPostnApplet=GPEA+Product+Form+Applet+F...
by digatta
06 Sep 2012, 06:04

thanks karen. i just found out about the LDS and italian birth records yesterday before you replied to my post!. so you're saying they have everything i would otherwise get from the comune in italy except that it's not the offical record i need for the consulate? that's great. would you be able to s...
by digatta
05 Sep 2012, 01:15
Topic: Comunes Setting Rules for Citizenship Apps
Replies: 19
Views: 8686

Re: Comunes Setting Rules for Citizenship Apps

i'm still not clear after reading the entire thread what is being discussed :D how can one meet a residency requirement of one year in italy *before* getting their citizenship? don't you need italian citizenship before you can reside in italy (as a US citizen) for more than 180 days a year (90 days ...
by digatta
04 Sep 2012, 21:05
Topic: Chicago Recap--May 16, 2012 Appointment
Replies: 7
Views: 3263

Re: Chicago Recap--May 16, 2012 Appointment

thanks for the info josh. i really appreciate it.
by digatta
04 Sep 2012, 21:03
Topic: 1948 rule vs category n. 5
Replies: 0
Views: 753

1948 rule vs category n. 5

I thought i understood the rules clearly for citizenship via JS and am positive that i am eligible under category n. 5 (basically through my GGF who emigrated from italy so it looks like GGF - GF - F - me ) i read this on the consulate instructions today though in a separate section from the rules f...
by digatta
04 Sep 2012, 20:49
Topic: Italian Record Request - Use, Formats and Postage
Replies: 0
Views: 742

Italian Record Request - Use, Formats and Postage

i'm getting ready to request my GGF and GGM birth / marriage records from italy. 1) the woman at the commune said it was *very* *important* to make sure that i specify the correct "use" type on the request b/c they would print this "use" on the records they send me and that if i ...
by digatta
04 Sep 2012, 20:29

Italian Comune Birth Certificate Date and Surname

hi, i'm fairly new to this forum. lot of good info here and appreciate all the people that participate to help others. i had an italian friend contact the relevant commune in italy before i send for the formal certificates for my GGF and GGM. an initial search shows that they do indeed have both req...
by digatta
01 Sep 2012, 03:02
Topic: My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate
Replies: 3
Views: 1663

Re: My List of Documents for Chicago Consulate

josh if you still have those docs i wouldn't mind having them
thx
by digatta
31 Aug 2012, 03:44
Topic: Chicago Recap--May 16, 2012 Appointment
Replies: 7
Views: 3263

Re: Chicago Recap--May 16, 2012 Appointment

josh it looks like i'll be needing to request an appointment through chicago. 2 questions: 1) do you simply need to bring the passport to show the consulate and leave a copy of it or do you actually have to leave the physical passport with them at the appointment until they make a decision? i ask b/...