Search found 17 matches

by lloiaco
16 Apr 2014, 01:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antoinette Famiglio(a)??? "Family"???...What is going on?
Replies: 33
Views: 10021

Re: Antoinette Famiglio(a)??? "Family"???...What is going on

Hello Elaine, I am so exicted to hear from you. I wish I had checked this board more recently. Yes, I am aware that Mary is still living but currently in poor health as I understand it; I am sorry about that. I have hit a brick wall when it comes to Antoinette's parents. I can find no records of her...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 22:19

Wow! Excellent! I think you have both cracked the case! :D
And I will add one more piece of information to top it off.....
Antoinette's 2nd son (3rd child) was named Bennie, possibly aka Benedetto :wink:
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 20:54

Hi Valarie and suanj, I suspect you are right. It fits together very nicely. But would lean towards the Birth Record that suanj found to be Antoinette's sister. For two reasons, 1. The evidence I have found suggests that Antoinette was married when she was 16 and she had her first child at 17 so she...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 20:32
Topic: Vincenzo Giacomo Loiacono b.1890 in Modugno, Bari, Puglia
Replies: 27
Views: 10794

Re: Vincenzo Giacomo Loiacono b.1890 in Modugno, Bari, Pugli

First, I located the 1355 and 1148 Ohio Street addresses in the 1920 census by figuring out the Ward and district... I used this site http://www.alookatcook.com/1920/index.htm to determine the ward and district. There is no one close to having the name of Vincenzo Loiacono at these addresses. Howeve...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 19:01

Awesome! I never could find information on the first son. Thanks. And thanks for the tip about the asterisks on ancestory, I did not know that. Yes you can search by ward/district on Ancestory. I have done this, the problem I had was the street I was interested was on a boundary between 3 wards. So ...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 18:41

Hi suanj It is possible that her name was Maria Antonietta. But I have never heard of anything with in the family that this was the case. However Antoinette had 3 children... Mary, Joseph and Bennie. Following naming conventions, the first son would be named after his paternal grandfather. Which we ...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 18:03

Hi Valarie, Wow! This information is great and very interesting. Thanks for the link, I will definitely study up. I after viewing the June 1907 manifest I think I know why I never found in before....I was searching for Vincenzo Loiacono but he may be listed as "Vincenzo Son" in some databa...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 17:19

Hi suanj Thank you for the information! The time period is certainly correct and Sicily to New Orleans does match the "story" I was told. I will dig into the people you have listed to see if I can find any evidence that this is my Antoinette and her family. Unfortunately, I cannot say if t...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 17:07

Thanks for the info about the surname....Apparently, the sites I was searching are not so reliable and when I was doing the search I now realize I was spelling the name Famagilia not Famiglia. There seem to be few Famagilia's but many Famiglia's. And also doing a google search for surname Fama(i)gli...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 02:04

Ah, ok, rereading your last post I am starting to get it. I should educate myself a bit more on these records before I can contribute intelligent information from here but there is one thing I don't understand..... if the arrival date of 6/28/1907 is correct then NO record from the 3 May 1907 Bulgar...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 01:56

Hi Valarie, Ok, so now you've got me. First of all, I am curious about the number on the Passenger list that you quoted was for the naturalization application....if this number refers to the naturalization appilication then this means that years after the arrival "they" went back through t...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 00:41

Hi Valerie et. al, If Dominico Vitale did live in WV, then this strengthens the evidence that Vincenzo had a brother named Pietro Loiacono b.June 8, 1905 Modugno Bari Pugia Italy who arrived in the US in 1921 and a father by the name of Giovanni Loiacono who remained in Italy. The ship manifest of t...
by lloiaco
14 Sep 2012, 00:30

Hi Valarie,

Wow, thats incredible that you could read the location on the manifest! Thanks....hmmm this seems to provide more proof into the other family tree that I found referencing "my Vincenzo Loiacono". I will try to dig more too.

Thanks
Laura
by lloiaco
13 Sep 2012, 23:50

Hi Valerie, Thanks for the info on the SS app. It does look like it would contain much useful information. I will look into it. My family tree is "Laura Loiacono Family Tree". I do have Vincenzo linked to a other persons tree but there is no proof of this linkage so I am not sure that it i...
by lloiaco
13 Sep 2012, 23:36

Antoinette Famiglio(a)??? "Family"???...What is going on?

Hi everyone, This topic is related to the topic entitled "Vincenzo Giacomo Loiacono b.1890 in Modugno, Bari, Puglia" as Antoinette Famiglio(a) married Vincenzo Giacomo aka James Loiacono when she was 16 years old. But this is an entirely different mystery altogether. :wink: Antoniette Loia...