Search found 63 matches

by frankcsr
16 Aug 2017, 17:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: parents or siblings of Anna pomilla---
Replies: 7
Views: 220

Re: parents or siblings of Anna pomilla---

Hi, I was looking at your post and noticed the family name Sparacino. My ggm was Sparacino from Ali Superiori, Messina Sicily. Do you have any links to Sparacino, Miceli or D'Angelo. If so please contact me.
thank you,
frank C
by frankcsr
30 Jun 2017, 14:18
Topic: births
Replies: 4
Views: 350

Re: births

thanks, which articles
by frankcsr
30 Jun 2017, 13:21
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Replies: 1
Views: 612

births

I have noticed that there are quite a few instances where a child is born to couples that are living together and at a later date they are married. Was this common it the 1800's? does it have anything to do with the laws regarding the church vs civil law?
by frankcsr
30 Jun 2017, 13:20
Replies: 4
Views: 350

births

I have noticed that there are quite a few instances where a child is born to couples that are living together and at a later date they are married. Was this common it the 1800's? does it have anything to do with the laws regarding the church vs civil law?
by frankcsr
19 May 2017, 00:20
Topic: gift
Replies: 2
Views: 207

Re: gift

Thank you for the reply. I will do lunch and a plant. I live in Boston and there is not much that is produced here.
thank you again
by frankcsr
16 May 2017, 01:55
Topic: gift
Views: 207

gift

I posted this on the culture forum but also posted here for as many of you have visited Sicily. What would be a good gift to bring to Sicily for a distant female cousin about 60 years old?
Thank you in advance.
by frankcsr
16 May 2017, 01:52
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: gifts
Replies: 0
Views: 688

gifts

What would be a good gift to bring to Sicily for a distant female cousin about 60 years old?
by frankcsr
10 May 2017, 01:02
Topic: Stefano Crisafulli
Replies: 38
Views: 1421

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Hello, My gf Francesco Crisafulli was born in massa Santa Lucia, Messina Sicily. 189?. he had a sister, Maria and a brother Santi. His father was Pasquali, he was in the Italian Navy, he married Maria Costa in 1913 in Messina then went to Boston, ma. he had 4 children, Patrick, Gaetano, Mary, Joseph...
by frankcsr
22 Feb 2017, 13:51
Topic: Looking for info on husbands family.
Replies: 3
Views: 271

Re: Looking for info on husbands family.

Hello, My name is Frank Crisafulli and my grandparents came from Ali Superiori, Sicily. I visited there 4 years ago and had a fantastic experience. Nobody spoke English and my Sicilian was lacking since I have not heard it in 30+ years. this made it difficult, but not impossible. I met the town mana...
by frankcsr
17 Feb 2017, 17:33
Topic: Marriage of Vito Sparacino & Giovanna Amoroso
Views: 280

Re: Marriage of Vito Sparacino & Giovanna Amoroso

Hi, I was interested in this post because my ggm maiden name was Paula Sparacino. She was from Ali superiori Sicily. She married Antonio Miceli, her father was Tommaso Sparacino. Do the names D'Angelo, Miceli, Fiumara, Panto show up in your family tree? Contact me if these are familiar regards, Fran...
by frankcsr
22 Dec 2016, 17:47
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: prosciutto
Views: 2156

Re: prosciutto

thank you so much. Merry Christmas and happy new year to all who help out on this site
by frankcsr
21 Dec 2016, 20:43
Topic: prosciutto
Views: 2156

prosciutto

Does anybody know how to cure ham to make prosciutto? if special spices are required and where can I get them?
thanks in advance
by frankcsr
07 Sep 2016, 13:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passenger Arrivals in Italy
Views: 1472

Re: Passenger Arrivals in Italy

If the relative came back to the USA check the USA passenger list and see if they listed the other dates that he entered the USA. Also look at where his last place was in Italy and who he went to see or who he is coming to see in the USA
Frankc
by frankcsr
23 Jul 2016, 04:14
Topic: US citizenship
Views: 2280

Re: US citizenship

Ken, thank you for the reply. That gives me a start.
Frank C
by frankcsr
21 Jul 2016, 22:57
Topic: US citizenship
Views: 2280

US citizenship

looking for my wife's grandmother from Ireland. Her name is Wineford Barry(maden name O'Dea. She married Gerald A. Barry 1919 in Brookline Ma. Since he was not a citizen when he was in the US Army he became one after the war. She became a US citizen because she married him. Where can I find info on ...