Search found 69 matches

by frankcsr
03 Dec 2018, 14:28
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: location
Replies: 5
Views: 165

Re: location

Thank you. I appreciate all the information that I get from this site. I read all posts even though they do not pertain to my genealogy. There is a wealth of information on this site. Thank you all for the help and information.
frankcsr
by frankcsr
02 Dec 2018, 18:41

Re: location

thank you for the response. I looked at the website that you listed and could not find Sabrina do you know where in Messina it is? what is the difference between massa and frisone?
Thanks
by frankcsr
02 Dec 2018, 14:54

Can somebody please tell me where Sabarana(I think it is spelled correctly) is located in Messina Sicily.
thank you in advanced,
Frank Crisafulli
by frankcsr
19 Jun 2018, 20:46
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please translate marriage record, Sparacio/Patella?
Views: 251

Re: Please translate marriage record, Sparacio/Patella?

hello, my ggm was Sparacino from Ali Superiore Sicily. what town were your Sparacino's from?
by frankcsr
17 Dec 2017, 20:41
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Nicolo D'Angelo Birth Record
Replies: 6
Views: 1016

Re: Nicolo D'Angelo Birth Record

My grandfather was Rosario D'Angelo from Ali Superiore Sicily. Where was Nicolo D'Angelo born.
by frankcsr
16 Aug 2017, 17:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: parents or siblings of Anna pomilla---
Replies: 7
Views: 767

Re: parents or siblings of Anna pomilla---

Hi, I was looking at your post and noticed the family name Sparacino. My ggm was Sparacino from Ali Superiori, Messina Sicily. Do you have any links to Sparacino, Miceli or D'Angelo. If so please contact me.
thank you,
frank C
by frankcsr
30 Jun 2017, 14:18
Topic: births
Replies: 4
Views: 784

Re: births

thanks, which articles
by frankcsr
30 Jun 2017, 13:21
Replies: 1
Views: 1261

births

I have noticed that there are quite a few instances where a child is born to couples that are living together and at a later date they are married. Was this common it the 1800's? does it have anything to do with the laws regarding the church vs civil law?
by frankcsr
30 Jun 2017, 13:20
Replies: 4
Views: 784

births

I have noticed that there are quite a few instances where a child is born to couples that are living together and at a later date they are married. Was this common it the 1800's? does it have anything to do with the laws regarding the church vs civil law?
by frankcsr
19 May 2017, 00:20
Topic: gift
Replies: 2
Views: 331

Re: gift

Thank you for the reply. I will do lunch and a plant. I live in Boston and there is not much that is produced here.
thank you again
by frankcsr
16 May 2017, 01:55
Topic: gift
Replies: 2
Views: 331

gift

I posted this on the culture forum but also posted here for as many of you have visited Sicily. What would be a good gift to bring to Sicily for a distant female cousin about 60 years old?
Thank you in advance.
by frankcsr
16 May 2017, 01:52
Topic: gifts
Replies: 0
Views: 1149

gifts

What would be a good gift to bring to Sicily for a distant female cousin about 60 years old?
by frankcsr
10 May 2017, 01:02
Topic: Stefano Crisafulli
Replies: 38
Views: 2882

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Hello, My gf Francesco Crisafulli was born in massa Santa Lucia, Messina Sicily. 189?. he had a sister, Maria and a brother Santi. His father was Pasquali, he was in the Italian Navy, he married Maria Costa in 1913 in Messina then went to Boston, ma. he had 4 children, Patrick, Gaetano, Mary, Joseph...
by frankcsr
22 Feb 2017, 13:51
Topic: Looking for info on husbands family.
Replies: 3
Views: 487

Re: Looking for info on husbands family.

Hello, My name is Frank Crisafulli and my grandparents came from Ali Superiori, Sicily. I visited there 4 years ago and had a fantastic experience. Nobody spoke English and my Sicilian was lacking since I have not heard it in 30+ years. this made it difficult, but not impossible. I met the town mana...