Search found 9 matches

by Casurellag
03 Jun 2014, 18:48
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Naturalization records
Replies: 2
Views: 1685

Naturalization records

I am trying to find the Naturalization records for my relatives from Italy, and I have been unable to find them. According to census forms they were naturalized in 1900 but through Ancestry.com I have found nothing for them. Is there another more complete source for finding these records than throug...
by Casurellag
02 Jun 2014, 20:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Emigration records from Naples
Replies: 3
Views: 2336

Re: Emigration records from Naples

Laura, was your message intended for me? If so, I agree that the ship manifest looks like he was 21 years old. But the R. Carosiello I am looking for would have been 27 years old, so I was hoping to find a record of the departure from Italy to confirm the age. If I found that he was 27 instead of 21...
by Casurellag
02 Jun 2014, 18:25
Topic: translation of marriage records
Replies: 10
Views: 2193

Re: translation of marriage records

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate you taking your time to help me. I am new to working with Italian documents and all help is appreciated!
by Casurellag
02 Jun 2014, 17:42

One question. In old time English writing an f often took the place of ss. Was that the case in Italian as well? If so, is it possible that Cafarella was actually Cassarella?
by Casurellag
02 Jun 2014, 17:20

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate the help.
by Casurellag
31 May 2014, 21:34

Sorry. My relatives are Rocco Vincenzo Carosiello and Maria Teresa Casella, the record on the right of the page.
by Casurellag
31 May 2014, 21:33

]Here is the record in Italian. I hope it is legible. Any help is appreciated. I feel like the record has some personal information at the bottom as each record is slightly different, but I have no idea why it might say.
by Casurellag
31 May 2014, 20:43
Topic: Emigration records from Naples
Replies: 3
Views: 2336

Emigration records from Naples

Do records on departing ships from Italy exist? I am trying to find the departing information to compare to the arrival information to verify the age of a relative. The ship was the Columbia, arriving New York from Naples on 13 April 1891. Passenger name is R Carosiello I am hoping that the departur...
by Casurellag
31 May 2014, 20:39

translation of marriage records

I have a copy of a marriage record for my husband's great grandparents in Trivigno, Italy, but I would very much like to have it translated. Would anyone be willing to help me with this?