Search found 5 matches

by ItaliaHeritage
18 Dec 2014, 19:19
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Villages or areas near Belmonte Calabro Cosenza in Calabria.
Replies: 4
Views: 1690

Re: Villages or areas near Belmonte Calabro Cosenza in Calab

Thanks for the replies everyone. I used various mapping programs, and just did some simple internet searches.
by ItaliaHeritage
18 Dec 2014, 19:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How do I get genealogical records from Italy?
Replies: 6
Views: 1877

Re: How do I get genealogical records from Italy?

How did you get back to the 1600s for Italian ancestors? That is before civil records were kept and even before the birth of anyone who still would've been alive when civil records were first kept. Did you census records? Church records? Hire a local genealogist? Those would be the sources you woul...
by ItaliaHeritage
16 Jun 2014, 06:23
Topic: How do I get genealogical records from Italy?
Replies: 6
Views: 1877

How do I get genealogical records from Italy?

I have done Genealogical research on my own Italian ancestors, and I got back as far as the 1700s or mid 1600s for some people. I would like to go back even further. Is there a way to do this? Or will I need to contact someone like a priest in the area where my ancestors were from to help find the r...
by ItaliaHeritage
16 Jun 2014, 06:18
Topic: To all jewish-italians out there
Replies: 17
Views: 30044

Re: To all jewish-italians out there

Hi marymary52. I watched the video attached to the link provided in this thread and while it attempts to make the viewer think that many of the residents from Nicastro are Jewish, this is probably not the case. We are Italian-Americans and Italian citizens living in the Italian region where all fou...
by ItaliaHeritage
16 Jun 2014, 06:14
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Villages or areas near Belmonte Calabro Cosenza in Calabria.
Replies: 4
Views: 1690

Villages or areas near Belmonte Calabro Cosenza in Calabria.

Hello, I am wondering which villages or towns are near Belmonte Calabro, in the province of Cosenza Calabria?