Search found 5 matches

by rosebear
26 Apr 2003, 02:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: BASILIOTTI surname around Bologna
Replies: 12
Views: 6916

BASILIOTTI surname around Bologna

Hi Peter I believe my mothers maiden surname of Basiliotti, was spelt Basiliotti, as that is the spelling on my birth certificate. I will do a lot more research now, and write to the address you have given more for her birth certificate. And hopefully from there I should be able to find out more. An...
by rosebear
25 Apr 2003, 21:10

Thank you for your reply and information. I will do that now.

Rose Johnston
by rosebear
25 Apr 2003, 20:22

Peter NYC

No, I do not speak or read/write Italian. I am trying at this end to find out information about my mothers place of birth, I know that she grew up in Bologna had a brother named sergio who lived in Bologna, he was a prison warden in a womens prison in Bologna. He died back in the 1970's as far as I ...
by rosebear
25 Apr 2003, 07:06

To Peter NYC

Thank you for trying for me, I will go to the website you gave me and see what I can find. Thank you again. I just thought on the off chance that someone out their may know the name. As I had a feeling it is not a common name anywhere.

Rose Johnston (Bassiliotti)
by rosebear
25 Apr 2003, 03:04

My mother came to New Zealand around 1946 as a war bride where she married my father around 1946 - 47, his name was Noel Johnston. My mothers maiden name was Maria Pia Basiliotti and was born about 1926 she died in New Zealand in 1968. She also had a brother called Sergio Basiliotti. Her Fathers nam...