Search found 47 matches

by OpusReticulatum
11 Apr 2020, 00:19
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Attorneys you've used for 1948 case - Dual Citizenship
Replies: 7
Views: 6749

Re: Attorneys you've used for 1948 case - Dual Citizenship

Ciao Clovis! I hired Luigi Paiano. My family's 1948 case was successful. I would definitely recommend him. He was excellent about getting back to me when I emailed him, he always responded. He put up with the multitude of questions that sent him. He was always very friendly, too. We had a few delays...
by OpusReticulatum
11 Apr 2020, 00:05
Topic: Jure sangiuinis - second cousin - maternal path
Replies: 6
Views: 1985

Re: Jure sangiuinis - second cousin - maternal path

Question: My second cousin, who lives in Florida want to pursue jure sanguinis. His great grandmother - my grandfather's daughter - was born in Italy; she came to America in 1909. I am assuming that my second cousin's path would be through his great grandmother - correct? Or, would my second cousin...
by OpusReticulatum
23 May 2019, 19:12
Topic: 1948 Rule. Am I disqualified?
Replies: 3
Views: 1446

Re: 1948 Rule. Am I disqualified?

As Emily said, your father's line looks fine for a 1948 case. You will have to gather all of the necessary documents and check the dates and events to be sure. However, the courts in Italy are very strict about only taking 1948 cases that have no paths via the consulates. And there is a possibility ...
by OpusReticulatum
12 Dec 2018, 19:43
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 514
Views: 263459

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

lssbdf9193 wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 14:16 Has anyone's judge changed in the middle of their case?
Yes. This is not entirely uncommon.

Please check your PM.
by OpusReticulatum
22 Oct 2018, 19:20
Topic: Paternal line to GGGGF, Can we get Citizenship?
Replies: 18
Views: 5950

Re: Paternal line to GGGGF, Can we get Citizenship?

Correct, lssbdf9193 has not returned to give more information about his ancestors. I mentioned that it's possible he/she has more Italian DNA because Uruguay like Argentina has always had a high population of people from Italy. The OP, Stabile, is from Uruguay. lssbdf9193 is the one who make the Cl...
by OpusReticulatum
22 Oct 2018, 18:24

Gags,

Tante grazie!

Or, as Julius Caesar and Marcus Antonius might have said, "Gratias maximas tibi ago!"
by OpusReticulatum
19 Oct 2018, 21:37

The population of Uruguay has always had a high percentage of Italians. So this likely means the OP is MORE Italian than you, lssbdf9193, because the male descendants in that line likely married Italian women as well. Again, MORE Italian than you, lssbdf9193, regardless of the number of generations...
by OpusReticulatum
19 Oct 2018, 21:17

Sorry, but as a semi-classicist, I have to present this moment of geekness: I know that the discussion of Julius, Marcus, and Cleopatra started in jest, but since it eventually became an issue, here is some clarification. Regarding Julius Caesar and Cleopatra, and Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra, and ...
by OpusReticulatum
27 Sep 2018, 17:06
Topic: Security Decree - Coming Monday 9/23
Replies: 33
Views: 9221

Re: Security Decree - Coming Monday 9/23

Consulates don't have to handle recognitions on your timeline. Consulates don't have to meet anyone's individual timeline, but citizenship recognitions should be handled at least somewhat expeditiously. Wait times of several years, or ten years, just for an appointment is a little much. And, as I s...
by OpusReticulatum
26 Sep 2018, 21:41

“Italians First” or “Only Italians Living in Italy First” (not those expatriate liberals). George Orwell ended “Animal Farm” with the words: “All Animals are Equal, but some are More Equal than Others.” I sincerely hope “Italians First” refers to ALL Italians. According to the Lega representative i...
by OpusReticulatum
26 Sep 2018, 21:34

Good news. The new security degree brings changes for Jus Matrimony applications as well. Now they will no longer be guaranteed. JM was never guaranteed, per se. The document requirements had time limits on them, and they included criminal checks. Spouses, at least those with criminal infractions i...
by OpusReticulatum
26 Sep 2018, 21:11

The people who are submitting applications for recognition are already Italian citizens according to the law. Exactly. They are not seeking naturalization. They aren't seeking to become Italians, they are Italians , per Italian law. They are simply petitioning for the Italian government to recogniz...
by OpusReticulatum
26 Sep 2018, 00:31

Of course you haven't. You have heard the phrase furto d'identità, and it does exist in Italy, and it is a problem. I went back to edit this line, but I cannot do so now. If I could, I would rephrase this as follows: "You have never heard the phrase furto d'identità used anywhere, or by anyone...
by OpusReticulatum
25 Sep 2018, 22:55

Here is the bottom line. Anyone applying for Italian citizenship who is NOT stateless meaning they already have a passport from some other country CAN afford to wait ten years or even 20 years for an Italian passport. Special cases ARE taken into consideration (see the list of special permits). Com...
by OpusReticulatum
25 Sep 2018, 18:56

A person applying for reacquisition of citizenship is first vetted by a consulate before he can obtain residence in Italy for the purpose of reacquiring. Are they indeed vetted, or do you just presume that they are? Do you know for sure? Or, do they take the application, look it over, corroborate t...