Search found 13 matches

by ChuckP
29 Jul 2003, 15:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding My Grandfather
Replies: 27
Views: 13405

Grandfather

Hi Peter, do you have an e-mail address? I would like to show you an e-mail I received from Baerbel from the Later Day Saints.

I may help
by ChuckP
28 Jul 2003, 22:32

Hi, I cant find the one you are talking about I went to the manifest for the ship name Duca D' Aosta and it arrived Oct 1919.

I see a Vincenzo Mirra, but the wife and son are not a match.
by ChuckP
16 Jul 2003, 15:18

Finding Grandpa

Hi Peter, I received some paper information form the U.S. Dept of Justice. The declaration of Intention sows my Grandpa was born in St. Giorgio, La Montagna, Italy. He arrived in the United States port of New York April 30, 1913 on the ship named Mandozza. I still can't locate the ship manifest. Cou...
by ChuckP
17 Jun 2003, 16:40
Topic: Grandfather
Replies: 1
Views: 2521

Grandfather

Hi, I locted the birth certificate for my Grandfather. It states on the top
SAN GIORGIO DEL SANNIO

PROVINCIA DI BENEVENTO.

How can I contact that area in Italy to find out more information on him?
by ChuckP
17 Jun 2003, 16:31

Grandfather

Hi, I found the birth certificate for my grandfather. It states on the top San Giorgio Del Sannio, Provincia di Benevento. How can I write to that place to research back further in time?
by ChuckP
22 May 2003, 17:26

Still Looking

Thank you for your reply. What information did they get for you?
by ChuckP
22 May 2003, 15:16

Still Looking for Grandpa

Hi Peter, I received the NATF Form 81 in the mail today. Some of the answers to questions in section A (Identification of Entry) are unknown to me. I know his name and country of origin, and he was a male, thats all.

How are the individuals going to be able to research the information for me?
by ChuckP
20 May 2003, 14:42

Still Looking for Grandpa

HI peter, can I downlaod the form?
by ChuckP
19 May 2003, 21:09

Finding Grandpa

Thanks Peter, I too saw that name, but I have no idea who that person is, and if they are related. I will ask my mother to see if se know the name. Is that the first time you see my grandpa arriving in the USA? I wonder if he had come here befor that and that is why it states AMERICA in the paggenge...
by ChuckP
19 May 2003, 20:32

Still looking for Grandpa

I found his name (I think) on the matching passenger records of ellis Island. It States he arrived in 1919 He is listed as number 4. Age was 28. Residence was America. Thank you very much Peter. I hope you are able to find him for me.
:D
by ChuckP
19 May 2003, 19:35

Still looking for grandpa

Hi Peter, went to the web site you told me to go to, and found a few Vincenzo Mirra. Since my Uncle Carmine was born 11-1-1913 and my research has proved that he his brother and mother, (my grandmother) came to the USA in 1920, it tends to make me beleive that the Ellis Island site has one Vincenzo ...
by ChuckP
16 May 2003, 15:17

Still looking for grandpa

Hi Peter, thans for answering my posting. My uncle Carmine was born November 1, 1913. From what i can figure, that makes my grandfather still in Italy nine months before that.
by ChuckP
15 May 2003, 22:42

Finding My Grandfather

Hi, all of my grandparents come from Italy. I found all of them on the Ellis Island web site except for my mothers father. I found where his wife and two sons came into Ellis Island. I was told he was here about 5 years before they came to the USA. My uncle was born in 1913, and he and his mother an...