Search found 7 matches

by sbadalamente
01 Sep 2016, 21:14
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Birth record errors, mismatch - ISO Calogero Badalamenti
Replies: 11
Views: 4171

Re: Birth record errors, mismatch - ISO Calogero Badalamenti

"Charles" should literally be "Carlo" in Italian. I looked in the registers a few days ago, but, if I remember, found nothing. :-( Thank you! I used myitalianfamily.com to obtain the birth certificate for Calogero. According to MIF Calogero is the only son- named Calogero- born ...
by sbadalamente
31 Aug 2016, 21:11

I think they were definitely two different persons. I found WWI Registration Cards for both: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-L1XS-ZB6?i=411&wc=9FZY-7M3%3A928312401%2C929009901%3Fcc%3D1968530&cc=1968530 https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-81XS-DJ6?i=410&wc=9FZY-7M3%...
by sbadalamente
23 Aug 2016, 19:40

Another fact I uncovered ... I found records on Calogero's father in law - Filippo. On Filippo's naturalization application there are two witnesses who signed --- Charles Badalamenti AND Calogero Badalamenti I have found US records showing both a Charles and Calogero living at the same address. Coul...
by sbadalamente
23 Aug 2016, 19:35

Hello, maybe I did not fully understand what you say in you post, but...do your USA documents reflect Calogero's parents' names? Yes, Calogero's parents names are correct on the Italian birth record. His parents names also appear on the church records, and marriage certificate on the USA side. The ...
by sbadalamente
17 Aug 2016, 21:06
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italians and multiple birthdates
Replies: 2
Views: 4235

Re: Italians and multiple birthdates

Grazie! I learned this morning my GGF had a brother --- "Calutz" -- Not certain on the spelling. Apparently the American translation is Charles. I have found several records with both Calogero and Charles -- living at the same address, however different birthdates. I am thinking there were...
by sbadalamente
16 Aug 2016, 17:19
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italians and multiple birthdates
Replies: 2
Views: 4235

Italians and multiple birthdates

I am researching my ancestors for the purpose of obtaining dual citizenship. I have encountered consistent inconsistencies in respect to birthdates and ages provided by my relatives. A few example -- From 1910 through 1930 the US Census has my great grandparents ages as 2-3 and 5 years apart. My gre...
by sbadalamente
15 Aug 2016, 03:09

Birth record errors, mismatch - ISO Calogero Badalamenti

I have obtained all my GGF's records from Italy and New York --- ISO Calogero Badalamenti --- son of Salvatore Badalamenti and Vincenza DiMaggio of Torretta. Records from Italy reflect known GGG- parents of GGF - -Birthdate July 29, 1888 American records of GGF reflect 3 different birthdates --- Nov...