Search found 149 matches

by Barbarossa
27 Apr 2020, 04:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Garzella surname
Replies: 0
Views: 84

Garzella surname

Hi, Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the GARZELLA surname, in particular in the area of Campobasso, Molise. Trying to determine possible origins and where they came from, some settling in the town of Castropignano - predominately found in San Giacomo degli Schiavone, CB. I've not been able, ...
by Barbarossa
17 Apr 2020, 16:47
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Trying to wrap my mind around my Italian heritage
Replies: 5
Views: 1508

Re: Trying to wrap my mind around my Italian heritage

Just curious but, what are the biological surnames you are linked to ?
by Barbarossa
28 Mar 2020, 06:02
Topic: Citizenship???
Replies: 7
Views: 260

Re: Citizenship???

Marty, Referring to your form message in previous reply, how should one list parents, when they are known, for a foundling. My grandfather was a foundling and later reclaimed by his mother, changing his civil name, Barbarossa, to his mother's surname, Belvedere, in his 20s. His birth father is known...
by Barbarossa
20 Mar 2020, 21:27
Topic: Latin translation assist.... thanks
Replies: 2
Views: 132

Re: Latin translation assist.... thanks

So, just a date of death then. OK, thanks sacco > at least that much is established :D
by Barbarossa
20 Mar 2020, 17:53
Topic: Latin translation assist.... thanks
Views: 132

Latin translation assist.... thanks

Mostly because the handwriting is making it difficult to decipher and some short form I'm not familiar with.... http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+LAquila/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Civitella+Roveto/Matrimoni+processetti/1857/1696/004961862_00987.jpg.html?g2_imageVi...
by Barbarossa
20 Mar 2020, 03:58
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Parrocchia of Molise
Views: 210

Re: Parrocchia of Molise

Thanks Pippo!
just what i was hoping to find
auguri : )
by Barbarossa
18 Mar 2020, 14:44
Topic: Parrocchia of Molise
Views: 210

Parrocchia of Molise

Is there any resource, online, that list the various Parish of regions, in my interest specifically Molise. I've been creating data sheets, based on an online template, that I hope can aid in gathering information when I finally travel back to Italy to tackle Church records in person. The idea being...
by Barbarossa
11 Mar 2020, 21:22
Topic: Celenza Valfortore / San Marco la Cotolo : Foggia
Replies: 3
Views: 265

Re: Celenza Valfortore / San Marco la Cotolo : Foggia

Yes, thanks Biff but what I meant was if anyone had the files downloaded to google or other cloud drive to share, from the catalogue. The utility I had to do so isn't working for me The notion you need to go to a specific centre is pretty ridiculous now - if files of public record are digitally avai...
by Barbarossa
11 Mar 2020, 03:50
Topic: Celenza Valfortore / San Marco la Cotolo : Foggia
Replies: 3
Views: 265

Celenza Valfortore / San Marco la Cotolo : Foggia

Does anyone have access to civil records for these areas of Foggia ? Indexed, or searchable ?
by Barbarossa
18 Feb 2020, 13:57
Topic: Advice for indexing Microfilmed Sicilian Records?
Replies: 11
Views: 1010

Re: Advice for indexing Microfilmed Sicilian Records?

When you say "microfilm only records", do you mean the ones that are not available online? If that's the case, I'd remind that microfilms are no more available for rent at FamilySearch. there are some programs that have been designed to extract those records digitally available on FS, in particular...
by Barbarossa
13 Feb 2020, 05:49
Topic: Need a lookup? I have access to all restricted FamilySearch records
Replies: 49
Views: 2898

Re: Need a lookup? I have access to all restricted FamilySearch records

Hello Fan77 Not sure if this might be in the realm of your possible discovery. I'm looking for a death in Agnone, in the early 1800s. This would be of Domenico Maddalena born in Castropignano, CB (married to Antonia Vecchiarelli of AGNONE, IS) Domenico would have been possibly born c. 1745-50 HIs so...
by Barbarossa
09 Jan 2020, 06:12
Topic: PIETRACATELLA ANCESTORS
Views: 2204

Re: PIETRACATELLA ANCESTORS

Hey Alan, if you're still checking in on here, reach out to me.
John
by Barbarossa
26 Dec 2019, 06:48
Topic: Information about D'Onofrio family
Replies: 4
Views: 2740

Re: Information about D'Onofrio family

Good luck grumpy215 - hope the NY brings some data to you.
I descend from D'Onofrio's from the Campobasso Province - known area of families, Roccaspromonte & Castropignano - oldest known GGF, 7x c. 1680 by name of Giuseppe.

Cheers and Holiday greetings
by Barbarossa
18 Oct 2019, 21:49
Topic: Translation/Interpretation Assist
Views: 391

Re: Translation/Interpretation Assist

??? i posted a thank you two days ago... but a no show ! So, thank you much again ! Tremendously helpful and appreciated. I didn't even catch that there was a wedding the same day for brother and sister... but it was late and I was droopy eyed. I went back that night to go through his processetti as...
by Barbarossa
16 Oct 2019, 20:09
Topic: Translation/Interpretation Assist
Views: 391

Translation/Interpretation Assist

This isn't an urgent ask but, I thought I'd put it out there if anyone can help. The links are to persons (not related to me - but connected to my greater family tree) They are seemingly Italian and part Latin. In both case they reference the bride (Maria Gaetana Marrama's) relations, though I don't...