Search found 57 matches

by sue1anne
23 Nov 2008, 06:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tucciarone
Replies: 23
Views: 16625

Re: Tucciarone

sue1anne[/quote]To Sue1anne, you are correct. My grandmother was Mary Ricci and she did marry Emil Signore (from Minturno). Mary Ricci (or Rich as they later changed it to) was the sister of Catherine, your great grandmother. They all lived in Rochester, PA, my grandfather had a barber shop there. I...
by sue1anne
30 Nov 2005, 05:32
Topic: Tucciarone surname
Replies: 82
Views: 61542

Re: Tucciarone surname

My mother was born in 1944 and was the youngest Signore child of seven emmakate, which "child" is your mother? ...great uncle Emil Signore (my great-great uncle) married Mary Rich (sister of Catherine Rich Tucciarone - sue1anne's great-grandmother!) and Emil and Mary had four girls. This ...
by sue1anne
30 Nov 2005, 05:20

I forgot to mention http://www.flealess.org/beaver1.html That is the website for the Beaver County "genweb" page. Not sure exactly what that is, but has a lot of information on the history of the county and various family links. I searched LaValle, Tucciarone and Signore on the surname pa...
by sue1anne
30 Nov 2005, 05:16

I found a site that might be helpful in continuing the research on the Tucciarone family in Rochester. We go by counties in Western PA, so Rochester is in Beaver County. Accordingly, attached it the website of the Beaver County Genealogical Society: http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Epabecgs/index.htm I se...
by sue1anne
24 Nov 2005, 03:59

I had been searching for Guiseppe and variations of that name, along wiht misspellings, etc. Tried various spellings for Tucciarone too. What finally helped was searching for his sister, Francesca, during 1906. I never would have found Joseph listed as Pasquale, and his mother listed so strangely al...
by sue1anne
24 Nov 2005, 03:50

Sure! Let me know if this works...

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2186110032

sue1anne
by sue1anne
24 Nov 2005, 03:22

You mean to tell me that.... Name: David Tzrtana... Age in 1910: age 36 in the census record just recently placed is... supposed to be David Tucciarone? mfjp All I can say is the census taker must have been in a hurry or not paying attention. The facts seem way off, but it was enough to find the co...
by sue1anne
24 Nov 2005, 03:17

Good news, good news, good news!!! After 3 years of looking at manifests, I finally found the missing Tucciarone family! They were on the Konigin Luise in 1906. Last name listed as Sicc...one in the manifest search, but when I read the actual manifest it was obviously Tucciarone. Found three childre...
by sue1anne
24 Nov 2005, 01:51

They are living on Vermont Avenue in 1910, just down the street from Connecticut Avenue where they lived in 1920. Occupations show factory work, which follows what I have. They worked for Fry Glass Company in Rochester.

Now to find those elusive manifests! At least I'm one step closer.

sue1anne
by sue1anne
24 Nov 2005, 00:14

<quote>This is so amazing! My grandfater was Joseph Emil Signore (lived in Rochester from age 5 to age 95). He was named after his uncle - Emil Signore, who was a barber in North Rochester! How are Mary Ricci and Joseph Tucciarone related again? This is very interesting. sue1anne, did you see my lon...
by sue1anne
24 Nov 2005, 00:08

<quote>I'm not sure if this conversation is still alive, but my grandmother was a Tucciarone from Scauri (a small seaside village near Minturno.) Her name was Catherine, born approx. 1907. Her father was Raymond and her mother was Rose. She emigrated to the US in approx. 1927 with my grandfather, Jo...
by sue1anne
23 Nov 2005, 23:31

Sorry I've been gone so long! Lots of things going on at home that needed my attention. My husband quit his job and is going to truck driving school, my 17 year old is struggling to graduate and is attending high school and community college (at my expense), and I am still taking college classes. We...
by sue1anne
20 Aug 2005, 04:44

Here I am, here I am!! Sorry, been really hectic here - hurt my back, my 19 year old just found out she's 7 weeks pregnant, and no she's decided to get married Sept 17th! Eeek! Luckily she wants to handle all the planning without me... long story. Anyway! I've seen Andrew Tucciarone's website. It's ...
by sue1anne
19 Aug 2005, 20:53

Thanks for notifying me, Maria. I have Signores in my family line also. Mary Ricci, sister-in-law of Joseph Tucciarone, married Emil Signore from Minturno. I don't know about Argentina connections, but Emil was from Minturno. The fact that both these families were all in Rochester must be more than ...
by sue1anne
04 Aug 2005, 04:12

I am still stuck on this immigration record. If anyone could help me find Pasqualina Lavalle/Lavalla, I would be eternally grateful. 1920 census lists her immigration date as 1903. I have searched everywhere and cannot find a match for her in Ellis Island. Her year of birth is approx. 1865. She marr...