Search found 8 matches

by chiachio
03 Nov 2022, 00:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Birth-Name Of Great Grandfather
Replies: 12
Views: 2661

Re: Searching for Birth-Name Of Great Grandfather

Somehow my 2nd cousin saw that another distant relative claimed that Michele Rosa was from Cercemaggiore, but in searches that I've done I don't find any born in 1867, so this may be inaccurate. I did notice many in the Campobasso area using the surname Rosa around that time frame, its an absolute ...
by chiachio
02 Nov 2022, 23:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Brick Wall regarding Great Grandfather
Replies: 11
Views: 3884

Brick Wall regarding Great Grandfather

My Great-Grandfather Michele Rosa was born in Cercemaggiore, Campobasso, Molise, Italy in 1867. At some-point he changed his surname to Rose and married my Great-Grandmother Mary Ellsworth in around 1890 in Tioga County, Pennsylvania which makes me think that he was living in New York State near the ...
by chiachio
31 Oct 2021, 18:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Birth-Name Of Great Grandfather
Replies: 12
Views: 2661

Re: Searching for Birth-Name Of Great Grandfather

Hello Tessa78,

Thank you so much for locating this document for me! I had assumed that this might-have been his birth-name as it would be the reasonable choice to then Americanize it to Michael Rose. I have never been fortunate enough to find this, or any other document regarding him. I had also ...
by chiachio
31 Oct 2021, 18:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Birth-Name Of Great Grandfather
Replies: 12
Views: 2661

Re: Searching for Birth-Name Of Great Grandfather

Hello suanj,

Unfortunately I'm not able to confirm his birth-year. All that I've been able to locate has been regarding his marriage to Mary Ellsworth. I've only been able to find him in census records from 1900-1940. Through a distant relative on facebook, I was told that they thought that he had ...
by chiachio
31 Oct 2021, 16:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Birth-Name Of Great Grandfather
Replies: 12
Views: 2661

Searching for Birth-Name Of Great Grandfather

Through my research my paternal great-grandfather emigrated to the U.S.A. from Italy in around 1877 through New York. He married Mary Lee 1871-1935 (born Ellsworth) after her short, failed marriage to Henry Lee in around 1890. The only name I know for him is Michael Rose. Michael and Mary had four ...
by chiachio
26 Dec 2019, 20:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Replies: 14
Views: 3870

Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia

Hello Biff83,
Back on February 28th of this year you posted my Great-Grandmother's death certificate. The informant on the document was my Grandfather's brother, the son of Giuseppa/Josephine. Unfortunately he wrote the names Luciano & Ida Russo as the parent's of his mother, but most-likely because ...
by chiachio
28 Feb 2019, 05:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Replies: 14
Views: 3870

Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia

Great Grandfather arrived in the U.S. between 1900-1904, no earlier information is available regarding his origin there. Due to the many town's in Caltanassetta, how would one search Church records there? His Name was Francesco Giunta and the only other info known are his birth-death dates 1876-1955 ...
by chiachio
28 Feb 2019, 05:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi
Replies: 15
Views: 3894

Cantituccio Familia / Farindola-Pescara-Abruzzi

My maternal Grandmother's maiden-name was Cantituccio and her Mother's maiden-name was DeJeospi. Her parent's emigrated to the U.S. in the early 1900's and were from the Town of Farindola. Unfortunately I have no other information on them. Any suggestions on how I might contact the Churches within ...