Search found 3 matches

by Woodstock496
12 Jun 2019, 04:46
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Eligibility: Being Born a Dual IT-US Citizen via Derivative US Citizenship
Replies: 5
Views: 1800

Re: Eligibility: Being Born a Dual IT-US Citizen via Derivative US Citizenship

Update on this: case My great grandfather was born in the United States in 1902. His parents were born in Italy in the 1870s, and moved to the US in 1895. They may have naturalized before he was born (which would have made him ONLY a US citizen by birth). However, they all moved back to Italy from 1...
by Woodstock496
16 May 2019, 06:43
Topic: Eligibility: Being Born a Dual IT-US Citizen via Derivative US Citizenship

Re: Eligibility: Being Born a Dual IT-US Citizen via Derivative US Citizenship

Thanks for the reply, I have since obtained a historical certificate of citizenship from his comune stating all records they have (until his date of emigration) indicate he was an italian citizen and there are no annotations saying he ever lost or renounced it. So I imagine it should be, in combinat...
by Woodstock496
11 Apr 2019, 06:23

Eligibility: Being Born a Dual IT-US Citizen via Derivative US Citizenship

Hello all. I am fairly certain I am eligible to have my Italian citizenship recognized but I have a slightly uncommon case. My great grandfather was born in the US to two non-naturalized Italian parents in 1902. He moved back to Italy in 1906 at 4 years of age. He was registered in his comune as a c...