Search found 5 matches

by 2mi3museum
20 Nov 2020, 12:13
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: The Sanzoni : A Balkan Wars Memory
Replies: 0
Views: 4700

The Sanzoni : A Balkan Wars Memory

Dear Friends, Last month i found an interesting document in Turkish Governmental Archives which is a petition that has been written just after the Balkan Wars in 1913. It was the petition of my grand ancestor Giovanni Marco Sanzoni who was living in Adrianople, Karaagatch in Ottoman Empire ( Now Tur...
by 2mi3museum
16 Nov 2020, 09:12
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sanzoni Family Photos
Replies: 2
Views: 2972

Sanzoni Family Photos

Dear Friends, I would like to share with you the photo gallery of Sanzoni Family - the Italian side of my family. Until now, we learnt that Sanzoni Family migrated to Adrianople, Karaagatch in 1870s. They married here, had children here and lived here. If you know any of those people, and if you hav...
by 2mi3museum
27 Aug 2020, 14:26
Topic: Italians in Karaagatch/Adrianople
Replies: 3
Views: 5211

Re: Italians in Karaagatch/Adrianople

Thanks a lot! Actually my roots are quiet complicated...

My grandmother is 1/2 Sicilian, 1/4 Greek, 1/4 German
My grandfather is 1/2 Greek, 1/2 Armenian

I can't calculate me and my father :) But i can say that i have Greek, Italian, Armenian roots :)
by 2mi3museum
17 Aug 2020, 13:26
Topic: Italians in Karaagatch/Adrianople
Replies: 3
Views: 5211

Italians in Karaagatch/Adrianople

Dear friends, I would like to share with you the story of the Italian part of my family which came to Karaagatch in 1870s from Palermo. With the memories of my family, governmental archives and the knowledge of old locals in Adrianople i've prepared the article below. The Sanzoni: From Palermo to Ka...
by 2mi3museum
23 Oct 2019, 09:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: 2mi3museum & Sanzoni Family
Replies: 0
Views: 269

2mi3museum & Sanzoni Family

Dear Friends, I'm Dimitri Vafiadis, a Greek, Italian and Armenian man living in Istanbul. I'm working on tracking my family history over my project '2mi3museum'. 2mi3museum, is an e-museum of a Greek, Armenian and Italian family that still lives in Turkey from 1800s to date, with old photographs, co...