Search found 24 matches

by nyrnd1
31 Jul 2021, 19:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Final piece to my Italian Heritage
Replies: 12
Views: 1888

Re: Final piece to my Italian Heritage

I believe you gave me all the right pieces to the puzzle. Here is a link to my Grandparents Marriage intentions from 1914. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-897J-3XQY?i=878&cc=2043630&cat=40546 His name shows as DiLucia Sposito. This is what you sent me for his Father Antonio....
by nyrnd1
28 Jul 2021, 20:25

Turns out there are at least 3 Rivetti sisters:
-Maria Grazie
-Filomena
-Angela
So this is continues to be a real task. Thank you so much for your help. I will now focus more on Antonio Sposito and see what i can find there.

Dennis
by nyrnd1
27 Jul 2021, 18:19

Thanks. I am working on the Rivetti tree and will see what i can find out.

Dennis
by nyrnd1
27 Jul 2021, 14:00

It certainly looks like that. My Great Grandmother in previous data i found was named Maria Grazie Rivetti. My Godmother born in Maddaloni and came to the USA as an infant was named Maria Grazie DeLucia. So it seemed to me that Maria Grazie was the proper name?
by nyrnd1
25 Jul 2021, 23:01

The 1859 information appears very interesting and might be the answer. I am not good at translation but one of my NY cousins is and I'm getting help from her. I really believe there is something to the birth announcement and subsequent notes. I'm just looking at the 1826 information. I did find one ...
by nyrnd1
23 Jul 2021, 17:20

Thank you. I'll dig into the details and let you know

Dennis
by nyrnd1
22 Jul 2021, 21:15

Final piece to my Italian Heritage

This forum has been amazing in helping me find my Italian family ancestors. I am in need of just one more piece. My Grandfather was Francesco Antonio DeLucia Sposito. I know there are too many names here but I've attached a document that as best I can tell shows his name was legally changed from DeL...
by nyrnd1
16 Jun 2021, 22:40
Topic: I've hit a dead end and need help
Replies: 14
Views: 2220

Re: I've hit a dead end and need help

Hi Dennis - Do you subscribe to Ancestry.com? If not, I found a Di Nuzzo family in Cervino. A Giacchino Di Nuzzo was born there in 1888; he came to New York in 1908 and was known there as Jack Nuzzi. Thank you. Confirms what my Mom had said to me about Nuzzi. Thank you very much. My Grandfather was...
by nyrnd1
16 Jun 2021, 14:24

Thank you so much. I'll make that change.

Dennis
by nyrnd1
15 Jun 2021, 15:21

Thanks to all of you i now have a more complete tree. I've attached it for you. It used to end at Gennaro and Rosa Savinelli di Nuzzo now you can see it is much larger. Again, my sincere thanks to all of you.
by nyrnd1
14 Jun 2021, 22:41

Hi Dennis - did your family settle in the U.S.? And did they spell their name "Di Nuzzo" or "DiNuzzo" in the U.S.? I like looking at the GenealogyBank newspaper archives to see if people did anything news-worthy. There are only 65 articles mentioning "Di Nuzzo" of whic...
by nyrnd1
14 Jun 2021, 21:58

You are all amazing! I thank each of you very much.

Dennis
by nyrnd1
14 Jun 2021, 16:23

I will, and thank you. By the way, can you translate the notation on the left side of the birth notice? I can't make any progress on it?

Dennis
by nyrnd1
14 Jun 2021, 14:02

I've hit a dead end and need help

My Grandmother was Immacolata Elizabetta DiNuzzo. I am attaching her birth announcement. I know from the announcement she was born Dec 1891 in Maddaloni and that is what my Mother also thought. I know her Father was Gennaro DiNuzzo from the announcement and also my second uncle is named Gennaro. So ...
by nyrnd1
16 Jul 2020, 04:40
Topic: DiNuzzo in Maddaloni
Replies: 15
Views: 1235

Re: DiNuzzo in Maddaloni

I think it notes his marriage to Rosaria in 1933. It possibly is 1933. I'm reading that she (Immacolata di Nuzzo) married ........? Francesco Di Lucca/ Di Lucia in Maddaloni? I think it may have the Act No first and then the date of the marriage? Not sure. If the poster would be so kind as to link ...