Search found 43 matches

by mauro95
16 Aug 2020, 07:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Marriage Certificate - Vincenzo Palmieri & Giuseppa Pepi - Licodia Eubea
Replies: 24
Views: 845

Re: Marriage Certificate - Vincenzo Palmieri & Giuseppa Pepi - Licodia Eubea

I searched the Licodia Eubea records from 1862-1893 (the date of the marriage of Cristofaro) for the deaths of Giuseppa Falcone and Vincenzo Palmieri. I found more than 15 deaths for a Giuseppa Falcone, but NONE were the wife of Vincenzo Palmieri. For the deaths I found for a Vincenzo Palmieri betw...
by mauro95
07 Aug 2020, 23:04

Yes, it is Giuseppe - a child of 1 year and 10 months. T. Ah, Okay. Any luck on Giuseppas death record? I can't seem to find it. I'm quite sure it is Pepi and not Falcone, as it is on her son Cristoforo's birth and marriage certificate. I'm going to search and see if he had any siblings, which I kn...
by mauro95
07 Aug 2020, 23:03

Yes, it is Giuseppe - a child of 1 year and 10 months. T. Ah, Okay. Any luck on Giuseppas death record? I can't seem to find it. I'm quite sure it is Pepi and not Falcone, as it is on her son Cristoforo's birth and marriage certificate. I'm going to search and see if he had any siblings, which I kn...
by mauro95
06 Aug 2020, 23:32
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Records for Gela/Terranova
Replies: 1
Views: 134

Re: Records for Gela/Terranova

Note - only available span for births is 1866-1939 - https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/1889/
by mauro95
06 Aug 2020, 22:19
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Records for Gela/Terranova
Replies: 1
Views: 134

Records for Gela/Terranova

Hey everyone, Has anyone ever requested documents from the commune of Gela (Previously Terranova before 1925)? They seem very hard to get a hold of. Never answer and they also have a PEC email only, which I don’t have since I don’t reside in Italy. My cousin in Sicily even emailed them via her PEC e...
by mauro95
06 Aug 2020, 21:55

I searched the Licodia Eubea records from 1862-1893 (the date of the marriage of Cristofaro) for the deaths of Giuseppa Falcone and Vincenzo Palmieri. I found more than 15 deaths for a Giuseppa Falcone, but NONE were the wife of Vincenzo Palmieri. For the deaths I found for a Vincenzo Palmieri betw...
by mauro95
05 Aug 2020, 19:47
Topic: Brooklyn
Replies: 7
Views: 335

Re: Brooklyn

I'm assuming you're talking about this index? https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/61535/

Looks like you'll have to reach out to the state to procure the actual death certificate. No way around it.
by mauro95
05 Aug 2020, 19:05

Thank you for the link. I thought perhaps we could find an allegati to the marriage and it might contain some clues, but the year is not available. You might try searching for the death act of Giuseppa Pepi. She was indicated as deceased in the marriage act in 1893. It is too late for me to continu...
by mauro95
05 Aug 2020, 03:15

Thank you for the link. I thought perhaps we could find an allegati to the marriage and it might contain some clues, but the year is not available. You might try searching for the death act of Giuseppa Pepi. She was indicated as deceased in the marriage act in 1893. It is too late for me to continu...
by mauro95
05 Aug 2020, 01:37

Thats another positive, considering naming children after the grandparents is tradition. Cristoro Palmieri was most likely named after his grandfather then. He was also the first boy if his mother was truly Giuseppa Falcone.
by mauro95
05 Aug 2020, 01:28

Tessa78 wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 01:20 I just added more above.

Also, the record #, date and place are cut off. Can you provide it?

T.
Apologies. Here is a better version.
by mauro95
05 Aug 2020, 00:05

The surname Pepi is VERY common in the town. It is likely that the clerk made an error when recording. If Cristofaro was married in Italy, the error would have been noticed and corrected when his birth info was extracted. There would have been a correction by the court and recorded. T. Also followi...
by mauro95
04 Aug 2020, 23:58

All my zio told me was one of the children of the siblings was named Francesco (they called him Ciccio). The certificate states: Marriage: Feb 2 1845 Vincenzo Palmieri - 28 - (I am unable to read what is stated after the name) Son of: Bartolomeo (Palmieri) - Domilicato un tempo in Licodia - this may...