Search found 243 matches

by afecad
23 Jun 2021, 20:47
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help - Correcting Birth Certificate in PA
Replies: 38
Views: 16957

Re: Help - Correcting Birth Certificate in PA

I was able to get a petition approved to correct my Grandfather's misspelled first name, as well we updated my GGM's first name spelling from the anglicized version to match her Italian birth record with only a photo copy of her Italian birth certificate. My GF as born in Northumberland County, PA ...
by afecad
18 Jun 2021, 18:52

I was able to get a petition approved to correct my Grandfather's misspelled first name, as well we updated my GGM's first name spelling from the anglicized version to match her Italian birth record with only a photo copy of her Italian birth certificate. My GF as born in Northumberland County, PA w...
by afecad
15 Jun 2021, 20:55

The PA Birth Record of my deceased Father needs to be amended also. Can anyone provide a link to templates for obtaining a court order from PA for this purpose? Thank you for all your help. It is much appreciated to see others are going through the same thing--and finding success. Thank you. I used...
by afecad
15 Jun 2021, 20:48
Topic: What is a "Certificate of No Appeal" for a Divorce
Replies: 10
Views: 16208

Re: What is a "Certificate of No Appeal" for a Divorce

I had to obtain this, divorce lawyers did not know of the document within the US, so on the first request to the respected courthouse did not yield the correct document. ICA, the Lawyer I'm using for Italian Citizenship, was able to get this sorted out and I got the correct document from the said co...
by afecad
03 Jun 2021, 00:39
Topic: 1948 Rule - Success with Marco Mellone in 18 months!
Replies: 3
Views: 7178

Re: 1948 Rule - Success with Marco Mellone in 18 months!

Old posting, but within 18 months is unusual, especially since Covid and recent high volume of Americans pursuing. I retained ICA back it the fall of 2020, it took at least 6 months to get them retained as they were backlogged, was quoted 2-3 years for a presumed 1948 case. I'd expect the estimated ...
by afecad
05 May 2021, 03:16
Topic: Witness Affidavits
Replies: 1
Views: 2914

Re: Witness Affidavits

Witness signatures appear on US naturalization records, but I think I've also seen actual witness affidavits online. I don't believe they were indexed, maybe they were arranged chronologically? Sound familiar to anybody? Any links? Not sure, I don't know if NARA or USCIS has records of this either?...
by afecad
05 May 2021, 03:14
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Autosomal DNA 1st cousin mystery
Replies: 71
Views: 10694

Re: Autosomal DNA 1st cousin mystery

MarcuccioV wrote: 04 May 2021, 19:37
She responded back and wants to learn more. She is still a little reticent to give away much info, but just the fact that she didn't blow me off as crazy is a good sign...
That's good, you have to look at it from her perspective, the news can be shocking to find out...
by afecad
05 May 2021, 03:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Find A Grave for Italy?
Replies: 6
Views: 7547

Re: Find A Grave for Italy?

Finding old graves in Italy is often difficult to impossible due to lack of space. They are recycled and all evidence including the marker is removed for the next person. This pretty much applies to Europe in general now as space is a premium. Term leases are common, in Italy it's like 10 to 30 year...
by afecad
03 May 2021, 18:46

I sent my "diplomatic message". We'll just have to wait and see if she will be receptive to the discovery or not. I hope she will be, but I'm comfortable at least knowing the truth now for myself. I don't know how all people take it, Unsolved Mysteries TV show back in the 90's did this of...
by afecad
03 May 2021, 16:00

Photo compare doesn't work too well for comparisons of parents vs. offspring. Just reviewing the photos, I'd say the shared trait is the nose and other features answer your question again...
by afecad
30 Apr 2021, 21:57
Topic: Proof of Non-Naturalization for Dual Italian-US Citizenship
Replies: 15
Views: 4302

Re: Proof of Non-Naturalization for Dual Italian-US Citizenship

I don't know what to do about Northumberland County. I have called the 3x and every time the prothonotary tells me that she is going to search their naturalization records "next week". I sent the initial request nearly 4 months ago, still no letter from them. I requested documents and the...
by afecad
30 Apr 2021, 17:58

ICA knows what it is doing. Yes, that's why I retained them. YSK My GGF is not yet ruled out, reason being we don't know if he naturalized or not. Census forms flagged that he was prior to the birth of my GF, reason I had to request USCIS. I received the first request prior to the pandemic in less ...
by afecad
30 Apr 2021, 00:18

Just an update, ICA notified me today that they received a certificate of no naturalization for my GGM from USCIS. This request came from ICA directly, and was only a few months ago. My initial request from months prior to this is still not filled, but I may get something soon. Not sure if ICA has a...
by afecad
26 Apr 2021, 22:56
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 487
Views: 208871

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

How was it working with Castellari? Are you satisfied? I have no complaints yet with ICA, but I did look at other Lawyers prior to selecting them, ICA had good reviews on Facebook and also sent me a master list of cases they won prior to selecting them. Completely satisfied! They've been helpful th...
by afecad
26 Apr 2021, 18:17
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 487
Views: 208871

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Yea, definitely, I was told there will be delays when the pandemic started. I'm hoping to be done this year since I'm already in the last steps of the process. Btw I'm with Castellari and I'm from Chile. How was it working with Castellari? Are you satisfied? I have no complaints yet with ICA, but I...