Search found 19 matches

by JPiedmont
14 Aug 2021, 18:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Missing marriage certificate / need to prove link from great grandfather to grandfather
Replies: 2
Views: 855

Re: Missing marriage certificate / need to prove link from great grandfather to grandfather

Can you post more information? Specifically the documentation and all information you have for your grandfather and great-grandfather. Ancestry says they are married - what does that mean exactly? Did you see that in a relative's family tree, or does the paid records portion of the site have some so...
by JPiedmont
07 Aug 2021, 23:09
Topic: Can see success but not touch it
Replies: 9
Views: 1517

Re: Can see success but not touch it

I was so bummed when I saw those years were missing I didn't have the motivation to start working around it, and not only did you, but you succeeded too! Words and emoji can't do my feelings justice. 💘 I'm inspired to keep learning about my ancestors no matter what. The story's coming together, bit ...
by JPiedmont
07 Aug 2021, 22:33

Oh my gosh. Wow!! I had found the wrong Maria after all. Looks like Francesco even signed his own name!!!
I can't thank you enough. 😭🙏❤️ Grazie mille!!
by JPiedmont
07 Aug 2021, 21:28

Thank you, absolutely! Did the whole story and included everything else I have to work with just in case the full picture helps. For just the marriage record link, it's in red. Nice and distinctive! My starting point (I'm still relatively early in researching this branch of the family) were document...
by JPiedmont
07 Aug 2021, 06:45

Aghh I needed to be taking the registro number from the index and using it as the page number/numero d'ordine. Knew I was doing something wrong tonight, sorry about that. Thank you very much for the help! ...now the next mystery is why Maria's mother's name is different in her birth record vs. her m...
by JPiedmont
07 Aug 2021, 04:44

Can see success but not touch it

I think I've found two siblings birth records in indexes. ...but I can't for the life of me match up the index to the full page to be sure one way or another. Not sure if I've lost my mind or what, to be honest. Either I'm reading the full records wrong (possible!) or the page numbers don't line up ...
by JPiedmont
07 Aug 2021, 01:08
Topic: Find a street whose name was changed
Replies: 11
Views: 1769

Re: Find a street whose name was changed

Not much has gone unchanged in Italy in the last hundred years thanks to development, modernization, and earthquakes. The trick with hundred and fifty year old maps like these is to find a point in common and use that as a reference. Via Conservatorio Carmine appears on both maps, and on mmogno's it...
by JPiedmont
06 Aug 2021, 05:16
Topic: Find a street whose name was changed
Replies: 11
Views: 1769

Re: Find a street whose name was changed

If that's not the spelling it's pretty close... although the attachment is a little grainy. Do you have the antenati link? (Not that that will be clearer, just asking on the off chance.)
by JPiedmont
03 Aug 2021, 11:16
Topic: Count Livio Serra di Gerace's Genealogical Tables of The Di Gennaro Family
Replies: 4
Views: 1233

Re: Count Livio Serra di Gerace's Genealogical Tables of The Di Gennaro Family

Really cool & incredible find! Some of the lines are a bracket, like this {, where the point generally is aimed at the older generation whose descendants are contained on the inside. The problem here is they're pointed in all sorts of different directions. I marked the ones I could figure out. H...
by JPiedmont
27 Jul 2021, 23:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Struggling with Surnames
Replies: 10
Views: 1387

Re: Struggling with Surnames

In the future, you can always look at indexes for other years, even if there's no records for your ancestors, as it might give you an idea of surnames in the town at that time. That's an excellent idea, thanks! You never know when background information about an area might turn out to be critically...
by JPiedmont
27 Jul 2021, 19:15

Clearly Vietri in her son's 1888 marriage act. #21 http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Avellino/Stato+civile+italiano/Solofra/Matrimoni/1888/2052/007862085_00310.jpg.html T. You're right, thank you, it's undoubtedly a V here! I'm sorry I wasn't more thorough checking othe...
by JPiedmont
27 Jul 2021, 18:00

Sounds good, thank you both very much! I read Vietri and Fusco. You might want to see how it reads in the index, and if those names are common in that town. The indexes are a bit tough, some of them are incomplete and others are nearly impossible to read. But! Now that I know I'm definitely looking ...
by JPiedmont
27 Jul 2021, 04:21

Struggling with Surnames

I'm struggling with my great-great-great grandmother's name... Domenica Maria Pietri/Vietri/?. I haven't been able to find a birth record under her name. (All family events so far have been in Solofra, Avellino, Campania, Italy.) Her father's first name is definitely Raffaele, and her mother is Mari...
by JPiedmont
23 Jul 2021, 16:34
Topic: Solofra - Matrimoni indici
Replies: 5
Views: 1069

Re: Solofra - Matrimoni indici

3 Mar 1867 Thank you very very much! At the same time wow, I'm shocked! Their daughter Lucia was born on December 12, 1867 so I wrongfully assumed present-day circumstances, that they probably tried for a year or two at least... instead it seems virile Italian Catholics somewhat regularly conceived...
by JPiedmont
23 Jul 2021, 00:18
Topic: Solofra - Matrimoni indici
Replies: 5
Views: 1069

Re: Solofra - Matrimoni indici

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Avellino/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Solofra/Matrimoni+pubblicazioni/1865/1390/007860308_02947.jpg.html' Here is their publication on 23 Nov 1865 Raffaele Martucci, 23, son of Michele & Teresa Giannattasio Domenica Maria Vietri...