Search found 1294 matches

by VaDeb
13 May 2010, 13:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Trying to find Piazza Family Members (Sicily to New Jersey)
Replies: 8
Views: 7177

Re: Trying to find Piazza Family Members (Sicily to New Jers

Rosie NJ is not a the easiest state to get vital records from. Try and find the cemetery Salvatore was buried in. Hopefully the date of death is on the headstone or you can get it from the cemetery. Then try to confirm with an obit. Once you have the date, it will be easier to request the death cert...
by VaDeb
07 May 2010, 16:26
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: GGF, GGM, GF born in Italy. GGF became US citizen. confused.
Replies: 13
Views: 7327

Re: GGF, GGM, GF born in Italy. GGF became US citizen. confu

Somedude

Unfortunately what you think, no matter how logical it may sound, will make a difference to the Italian Government. Its an Italian law. You have received advice from some very familiar with this subject. Hope you can benefit from the advice.

Debbie
by VaDeb
05 May 2010, 21:45
Topic: Bastolla connections
Replies: 2
Views: 2776

Re: Bastolla connections

Peter Trying to figure out if you are related to all the Bastolla's out there is a really huge task. Try and provide more specific information so someone can try and help you. Father is Peter Bastolla Sr. born (place) (date) his father was Nicola Bastolla born in Saint Arsenio, Italy on (date). Did ...
by VaDeb
05 May 2010, 12:52
Topic: Re Grandpa (down further) Can I trace this ?
Replies: 16
Views: 11744

Re: Re Grandpa (down further) Can I trace this ?

Jak Sorry, but for some reason one page of the manifest did not attach properly last night. Please look again. Is the 1910 census and passenger record your ancestor? The passenger manifest has some naturalization information on it. If the manifest is correct it would appear he was not naturalized as...
by VaDeb
05 May 2010, 05:01

I think you need to start with the known (Mom) and work backwards. There are alot of Salafia's out there. Here is a 1910 census that I believe is your Sebastiano and his brother Natalia. They are lines 2 & 3. Arrived in 1904. Census page is not real clear. Name: Sabastiana Lalatin [Sebastiana Sa...
by VaDeb
03 May 2010, 16:09

Hi Jak I received your PM and your welcome. Lets try and keep responses here so everyone can see and help you. So the WWII card above is the correct person Name: Sebrstirno Salafia (wife Rosa) Lived at 86 Oak St Birth Date: 16 Jan 1891 Birth Place: Pin Siracura Residence: Essex, Massachusetts Race: ...
by VaDeb
02 May 2010, 01:15

Is this the correct family? Note differences in ages of Sebastiano? 1920 Census Name: Sebastiano Salafia Home in 1920: Lawrence Ward 2, Essex, Massachusetts Age: 44 Estimated birth year: abt 1876 Birthplace: Italy Relation to Head of House: Self (Head) [Head] Spouse's name: Rosaria Father's Birth Pl...
by VaDeb
30 Apr 2010, 18:07

Some records: CT death index: Name: Sebas Salafia Death Date: 13 Jun 1957 Death Place: New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut Age: 80 Years Birth Date: abt 1877 Marital Status: Married Spouse: Rosa State File #: 10479 Residence : Middletown, Middlesex, Connecticut Gender: Male Race: White Name: Rosar Sal...
by VaDeb
28 Apr 2010, 02:42
Topic: birth certificate
Views: 8088

Re: birth certificate

Alicia

Here is a way to get Italian Stamps

http://www.gentedimareitaliangenealogy.com/stamps/

Debbie
by VaDeb
21 Apr 2010, 19:06
Topic: NARA of NYC and NYC county clerk records
Views: 8620

Re: NARA of NYC and NYC county clerk records

Alicia NARA is an archive - they only "hold" the records sent to them. Things happen, records get lost, misfiled and errors occur. It is possible that the court with the original records missed copying a record or even a book of records. How complete the copies are depends on the quality c...
by VaDeb
19 Apr 2010, 18:11
Topic: Certificates (Birth/Marriage/Death)
Replies: 2
Views: 3522

Re: Certificates (Birth/Marriage/Death)

Don't depend on Vitalchek. Go to your state's vital record website and look at the requirements for ordering vital records. Different states have different rules as to who can order a record. Also depending on the year you need, the record may exist in a state archive or even a website. There is a h...
by VaDeb
18 Apr 2010, 22:59
Topic: can someone help????
Replies: 29
Views: 15554

Re: can someone help????

Abigail: Is this the correct family? First Name: Giacomo Last Name: Gesualdi Ethnicity: Italian Last Place of Residence: Monteforte Date of Arrival: Jun 16, 1902 Age at Arrival: 41y Gender: M Marital Status: M Ship of Travel: Victoria Port of Departure: Naples Manifest Line Number: 0009 First Name: ...
by VaDeb
18 Apr 2010, 22:15

NJ birth records are not online.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/index.shtml

You have to order them from the state.
Debbie
by VaDeb
18 Apr 2010, 21:50

You have to order her birth certificate from the state. I will see if I can find a census.

Debbie
by VaDeb
18 Apr 2010, 21:42

I don't. I asked if you had the 1930 census. Where would her family have lived in 1930? You need to get her birth certificate.

Debbie