Hey Harleycat,
Where in Texas are you from? I live inLake Charles, Louisiana.
Can you please give me the name of your great grandfather? and also his sister? and who she was married to?
Joann
Oh wow, it's been ages since I've poked around here. So, I'll try to update as much as I can. I will ...
Search found 16 matches
- 02 Jan 2008, 01:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
- Replies: 130
- Views: 226819
- 08 Sep 2006, 04:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
- Replies: 130
- Views: 226819
Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
Joann,
The Scaccia family is my great-grandfather's sister's family. I don't have much on the ancestry there. If I am understanding correctly, your family came in 1891, right? You may want to check into the possibility they came in through Ellis Island. Big Mama (as my grandmother called her) and ...
The Scaccia family is my great-grandfather's sister's family. I don't have much on the ancestry there. If I am understanding correctly, your family came in 1891, right? You may want to check into the possibility they came in through Ellis Island. Big Mama (as my grandmother called her) and ...
- 15 Mar 2006, 08:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
- Replies: 130
- Views: 226819
Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
Great news! My cousin has gotten in contact with the Morana family in New Jersey. She was able to meet up with one of them this weekend. I have an e-mail out now with LOTS of questions! A few things we did learn is Uncle Tony was not the one that went to Argentina, he stayed in NJ or possibly NY ...
- 15 Feb 2006, 05:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
- Replies: 130
- Views: 226819
Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
Hi HarleyCat,
Glad to read about your update, and glad you followed up at the forum. :P
Am locating these records for you... just having a heck of a time with the manifest database lately... but not worried, the server is just very busy!
First Name: Antonino
Last Name: Morano
Ethnicity ...
Glad to read about your update, and glad you followed up at the forum. :P
Am locating these records for you... just having a heck of a time with the manifest database lately... but not worried, the server is just very busy!
First Name: Antonino
Last Name: Morano
Ethnicity ...
- 12 Feb 2006, 08:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
- Replies: 130
- Views: 226819
Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
I have a Morana update!!! :D
In 1910, Emmanuele, Antonino, Salvatrice, and Maria Grazia Morana are listed in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey. Per the census, Emmanuele immigrated in 1906, Antonino in 1907, Salvatrice in 1907, and Maria G in 1907. I was able to find Salvatrice and Maria ...
In 1910, Emmanuele, Antonino, Salvatrice, and Maria Grazia Morana are listed in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey. Per the census, Emmanuele immigrated in 1906, Antonino in 1907, Salvatrice in 1907, and Maria G in 1907. I was able to find Salvatrice and Maria ...
- 21 Jan 2006, 04:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Has anyone ever mapped out NJ's little Italy's
- Replies: 11
- Views: 13980
Re: Has anyone ever mapped out NJ's little Italy's
I would be interested in more on the Italian trend in NJ. It appears my Morana family (siblings of my great-grandmother) came from Alia to Jersey City 1905-1907. I know of one marriage to Monachello (various spellins found) and they were in Haledon, Passaic County, in 1930. I am wondering if there ...
- 14 Jan 2005, 06:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
- Replies: 130
- Views: 226819
Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
An interesting note: "The first documented proof of a native of Alia arriving in Louisiana is ... in St Anthony's Church in New Orleans. On March 4, 1878, Giuseppe Panepinto, age 26 years, native of Alia, married Nunzia DiMaggio, native of Contessa."
Started looking into this family and found ...
- 10 Jan 2005, 00:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
- Replies: 42
- Views: 36340
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Heres a possible family
Pietro Panepinto(d. bef 1900, prob bef 1896) and Concetta "Carrie" Spera (b. March 1854- that is, if I have made the right conncetions) of Valledolmo,Palermo,Sicily,Italy
This is put together through postings on another site, census records, and the 1896 manifest. So, any ...
Pietro Panepinto(d. bef 1900, prob bef 1896) and Concetta "Carrie" Spera (b. March 1854- that is, if I have made the right conncetions) of Valledolmo,Palermo,Sicily,Italy
This is put together through postings on another site, census records, and the 1896 manifest. So, any ...
- 09 Jan 2005, 05:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
- Replies: 42
- Views: 36340
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Also, here is a possible match for the Panepinto family.
On the Italia from Naples, 3 June 1896:
346. Rosa Panepinto, 28
347. Giovanni Giordano, 9
348. Pietro Giordano, 7
349. Rosalia Giordano, 7
350. Antonio Giordano, 3
351. Concetta Spera, 48 (the right age? = Carrie)
352. Ma. Angela Panepinto ...
On the Italia from Naples, 3 June 1896:
346. Rosa Panepinto, 28
347. Giovanni Giordano, 9
348. Pietro Giordano, 7
349. Rosalia Giordano, 7
350. Antonio Giordano, 3
351. Concetta Spera, 48 (the right age? = Carrie)
352. Ma. Angela Panepinto ...
- 08 Jan 2005, 00:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
- Replies: 130
- Views: 226819
Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
Hi Nicole,
A quick search in "Italian-American Roots" (1851-1861) finds a likely birth date for Giuseppe Morana, (parents:Emmanuele Morana, age 23 yrs, shoemaker, and Paolo Mortellaro, age 20 yrs, residents of Alia) bn 18 April 1854 at 20 hrs; bp 19 April 1854; reg 18 April 1854; #66
It also has the ...
A quick search in "Italian-American Roots" (1851-1861) finds a likely birth date for Giuseppe Morana, (parents:Emmanuele Morana, age 23 yrs, shoemaker, and Paolo Mortellaro, age 20 yrs, residents of Alia) bn 18 April 1854 at 20 hrs; bp 19 April 1854; reg 18 April 1854; #66
It also has the ...
- 04 Jan 2005, 02:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
- Replies: 42
- Views: 36340
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Hey Nicole, I just spoke to my Mom, and Louis and Josephine Panepinto were my mom's great grandparents on her mom's side! So that is also my family! Oh my God...I'm in shock again. I can't believe this. Now I have something to go on. Thank you so much!
That's great! I found Louis in 1900 in ...
That's great! I found Louis in 1900 in ...
- 03 Jan 2005, 04:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
- Replies: 42
- Views: 36340
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Tina
In 1920 in Rochester, Monroe County, New York:
Louis (50) and Josephine (40) Panepinto. Louis immigrated in 1891 and Josephine in 1900. Children Peter (18, Pennsylvania), Mary (15, NY), Joseph (14), Camelia (12), John (10), Charles (8), Louis (7), Jessie (5 9/12), Catherine (4 7?/12), and Rose ...
In 1920 in Rochester, Monroe County, New York:
Louis (50) and Josephine (40) Panepinto. Louis immigrated in 1891 and Josephine in 1900. Children Peter (18, Pennsylvania), Mary (15, NY), Joseph (14), Camelia (12), John (10), Charles (8), Louis (7), Jessie (5 9/12), Catherine (4 7?/12), and Rose ...
- 03 Jan 2005, 02:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
- Replies: 42
- Views: 36340
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Nicole can't you read between the lines??? This woman doesn't know much about her family and less about genealogy!! Didn't you read what has taken place today cionversing with this woman???? If anybody needs help here its you!. Hai capito?? Peter
That is why you still help! You have to start ...
That is why you still help! You have to start ...
- 03 Jan 2005, 01:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
- Replies: 42
- Views: 36340
Re: Ferraraccio and/or Panepinto
Thank you so much Peter! My grandfather was Adam Ferraraccio. His parents were Dominick and Angelina Ferraraccio. They came thru NYC I believe, and my Grandfather was born in 1924 so they would have had to come sometime before that. My grandmother was Josephine Panepinto. Her parents were Pietro ...
- 26 Dec 2004, 01:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
- Replies: 130
- Views: 226819
Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
Hi Harleycat, My husband's Italian family all came from Alia. So we are related to the Scaccia family and distantly related to the Panepinto family. Great-great-grandmother was Anna Scaccia who came to the US in 1891 as a young mother with 3 children. She married Rosolino Marchiafava in Alia in ...