Search found 10 matches

by familysearch
24 Mar 2004, 17:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for any known information about surname Rizzio
Replies: 27
Views: 23097

:D Suanj,

I sent you an email....I finally heard back from the Milan archives...I am so excited!
Tammy
by familysearch
14 Feb 2004, 16:40

I sent off the correspondence you translated for me...now waiting to hear back. I will let you know when I hear from them. During the time period of immigration to America, did the Italians have a certain amount of time before they had to start their naturalization as an American citizen? If so, do ...
by familysearch
11 Feb 2004, 16:30

Suanj, I have sent you through email the email letter I have composed for the Milan archives.....please let me know if it is detailed enough or if I need to add to it in any way.......I know I say it alot :wink: , I do thank you though for all of your help. You are just awesome with the genealogy ex...
by familysearch
10 Feb 2004, 23:36

Suanj, Thank-you for the leads you have given me so far....it will take me some time to research through them and make some possible links to my surname. Although it is looking like from just glancing at everything that France may be of interest for me to look into....and possibly Spain.... The Gian...
by familysearch
08 Feb 2004, 19:26

Suanj, Your link was correct...I miscommunicated what I was trying to say... this link http://gamt.free.fr/Gamt_Mariages_120.pdf is one that I found on my genealogy search.....could you tell me what it is? There is a Rizzio listed....I am not sure what the document is though, it is in Italian....Cou...
by familysearch
08 Feb 2004, 17:13

suanj, try this link http://gamt.free.fr/Gamt_Mariages_120.pdf . The last link is incorrect. So the best thing I can do now is to obtain the ship manifest for my Great Grandpa Angelo to know the exact place of origin. Noone in my family seems to know anymore than what I know, where he was born, etc.
by familysearch
08 Feb 2004, 15:56

Peter, thank you for the assistance that you have given me thus far, you gave me some avenues to search out that I didn't think of....it's amazing when you begin doing this genealogy of your family, you find out so much and than you have all of these fragmented pieces and don't know what to do with ...
by familysearch
07 Feb 2004, 04:32

Suanj---So the first known Rizzio presence in Italy was in 1561 and was the Ambassador of Milan, Gian Angelo Rizzio....and he was from Spain? I tried reading different articles about him on the internet, it's difficult to read the translations though. The pronounciation of Rizzio is Riccio in Italy,...
by familysearch
05 Feb 2004, 17:26

First thanks for your response...as you can see I'm in need of some assistance from someone whom has experience with geneology :) Here's what I have found so far......Angelo Rizzio came over in 1895 into ellis island at the age of 19. No residence is showing on the mast, as you stated it is incomple...
by familysearch
04 Feb 2004, 18:34

Looking for any known information about surname Rizzio

Hello! I am in need of any information anyone has regarding the surname of Rizzio. I have located my Great Grandfathers ship mast on ellis island.org....I do not know what part of Italy he arrived from though. His name was Angelo Rizzio. The only descendents that anyone in my family is aware of is m...