Search found 951 matches

by mezzogiorno62
13 Jul 2016, 17:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: re: new york city resident directory
Replies: 12
Views: 1630

Re: re: new york city resident directory

could be the antonino caldara who was married to agostina landino,the sister of francesco landino/lidino whom i'm interested in. agostina died in 1893 and antonino remarried a few years later. 131 mulberry isn't far from 78 mulberry,where francesco died in 1889. but many italians lived on mulberry s...
by mezzogiorno62
13 Jul 2016, 15:10

Re: re: new york city resident directory

thanks.my library has world ancestry which has many city directories. unfortunately none for new york city/manhattan in those years. i checked both caldara and landino as well as alternate spellings. nothing. if the 1890 census had been complete the information might have showed them. 1900 was too l...
by mezzogiorno62
13 Jul 2016, 13:23

re: new york city resident directory

in order to determine if my ancestor is the correct one,i need to determine who he resided with at the time he died.my ancestor,francesco landino,if my guess is correct,arrived in new york in january 1889 and died less than 2 weeks later. in the passenger arrivals i found a francesco landino,age 37,...
by mezzogiorno62
12 Jul 2016, 17:00
Topic: re: landino surname variations
Replies: 5
Views: 1224

Re: re: landino surname variations

francesco landino aka lidino was b.palermo in 1851. at some point he was in barcellona pg messina where he met maria bonarrigo b.gualtieri sicamino messina in 1847. they had 3 natural children all born in barcellona pg between 1872 and 1880. my paternal grandmother was b.1883 in barcellona. in her b...
by mezzogiorno62
12 Jul 2016, 03:29

Re: re: landino surname variations

nothing else to go on. nothing on the death record like parents names or marriage info. no locality of birth other than italy. no obit as they didn't do obits then unless they were notables or longtime residents. never for a recently arrived italian immigrant. he was buried at calvary cemetery in ne...
by mezzogiorno62
12 Jul 2016, 03:09

re: landino surname variations

i have a death record for a francesco lidino,who died in new york in 1889. if its the correct record the actual surname was originally landino. could lidino be a corruption of landino? the information on the death record gives the age as 38,which would match his birth year of 1851. i think theyre on...
by mezzogiorno62
08 Jul 2016, 19:55
Topic: deciphering of birth record
Replies: 10
Views: 1441

Re: deciphering of birth record

thanks.that was the part i couldn't understand. thanks very much john
by mezzogiorno62
08 Jul 2016, 17:09

to votm:thanks,but thats not the part of the record i'm referring to. thats the easy part.the tough part is further down,where the mother is identified as maria bonarrigo,his "moglie" and the information on her following her mention of being a spinner(filatrice) age 23(actually 24 as i hav...
by mezzogiorno62
08 Jul 2016, 17:02

but no mention of maria living with him. all thats know is they were both living in barcellona. i just think there may be information in that record that might explain more. a few lines down from that information,where it mentions maria bonarrigo as the mother,theres information that i can't make ou...
by mezzogiorno62
08 Jul 2016, 16:21

thanks marty. i know its just a standard birth act,but some of the wording regarding the father,francesco,is unclear. after its mentioned that he was of san giovanni (i'm assuming a parish or area in barcellona) theres further wording that i'm not able to decipher or understand. as francesco and the...
by mezzogiorno62
08 Jul 2016, 16:07

if you go to the italian genealogy forums and type in salvatore landino, and hit search,it will take you to a post for sept.12,2014 (re: marriage in messina province) with an image of this birth record that can be enlarged. it was posted by adelfio in response to an inquiry i posted.this is where i ...
by mezzogiorno62
08 Jul 2016, 15:49

deciphering of birth record

4jkqr-5672677551@pers.craigslist.org could anyone out there decipher this birth record? any help would be most appreciated. its for salvatore landino. born on may 20,1872 in barcellona pozzo di gotto messina. left side of page. the reason i need deciphering is that there may be information in this r...
by mezzogiorno62
08 Jul 2016, 03:03
Topic: re:online databases for avellino province
Replies: 0
Views: 1660

re:online databases for avellino province

is anyone out there aware of any searcheable online databases that would cover the civil records for the comunes in the province of avellino? lds has a very small digitized collection,which unfortunately hasn't been updated in over 2 years,and doesn't include the comunes i'm researching. the http://...
by mezzogiorno62
03 Jul 2016, 13:53
Topic: re:www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it
Replies: 2
Views: 2675

Re: re:www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it

thanks anne. i've been at this for 20 years and well aware of everything you say. just hoping that avellino is available soon at both www.antenati and lds. but understand this. 20 years ago i had lots of information to search,so a film for 3.50 yielded much information for the most part,and even the...
by mezzogiorno62
03 Jul 2016, 02:08
Topic: re:www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it
Replies: 2
Views: 2675

re:www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it

i do most of my genealogical research online and no longer use the lds films due to rising costs of the shipping and local library access.my research is primarily in the provinces of messina(my paternal grandmother)and avellino(my paternal grandfather). the website http://www.antenati.san.benicultur...