Translation Help Please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
SheilaN
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Jul 2008, 17:59

Translation Help Please

Post by SheilaN »

Hi - I am having a lot of trouble translating a handwritten portion of a birth record. This portion is in the area where I usually am able to make out the mother's name, but I don't see a name within this paragraph. I suspect that the mother may have died, but I don't know what words to look for. On top of that, I can't seem to upload the image. Could someone please help me? Thanks - Sheila
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Translation Help Please

Post by wldspirit »

Excellent tutorial written by Nuccia for uploading images:

Tutorial

wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Translation Help Please

Post by wldspirit »

Here are a few sites to use for reference in translating documents:

Italian

Latin

Latin Abbreviations

Extraction Guide for Italian Records

hope this helps...
wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Post Reply