Hi all,
Does anyone have advice on the best way to send money to an ufficio anagrafe?
They're asking for Euro 66,22 for a Stato di Famiglia Storico and an Estratto di Nascita. It looks like the USPS does not issue International Money Orders for Italy (or in Euros). My bank said they could only wire money (for a fee of $50).
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jon
Best way to send money to Italy for documents?
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Best way to send money to Italy for documents?
Will they accept American Express check for 66 .22 Euros? If so then go to your nearest American express money exchange office wherever that is nearest your home and make then cut a check for the euros you need and mail it to them. =Peter=
Re: Best way to send money to Italy for documents?
I called AMEX customer service earlier and they said they couldn't do it.PeterTimber wrote:Will they accept American Express check for 66 .22 Euros? If so then go to your nearest American express money exchange office wherever that is nearest your home and make then cut a check for the euros you need and mail it to them. =Peter=
After I got your reply, I called a AMEX travel office and they said they can do it.
It takes 3 days and they charge $20.
It's strange that most banks and USPS are no longer doing this.
Thanks for you quick response, Peter!
Best,
Jon
Re: Best way to send money to Italy for documents?
Jon,
Make sure there is an American Express travel office near to the ufficio anagrafe. I know I had a bit of problems when I was in Italy locating an office.
Another choice may be for you to contact one of our members in Italy that have a paypal account. Wire them the money and have them issue the funds. I know there are a few people who do this and can be trusted. If you like, email or PM me and I can perhaps help set you up with someone.
Make sure there is an American Express travel office near to the ufficio anagrafe. I know I had a bit of problems when I was in Italy locating an office.
Another choice may be for you to contact one of our members in Italy that have a paypal account. Wire them the money and have them issue the funds. I know there are a few people who do this and can be trusted. If you like, email or PM me and I can perhaps help set you up with someone.


