Bellosguardo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mcapozzoli

Bellosguardo

Post by mcapozzoli »

If you are seeking relatives from Bellosguardo, Salerno, Italy.
Drop me a line.

Thanks.
Michael
LindaAnn

Re: Bellosguardo

Post by LindaAnn »

Michael,

I am just starting to look for family. 6 of my 8 great grandparents are from Italy. My ggf- Giovanni Torre, born 6/24/1877 was from Bellosguardo. His wife, Caterina Parente was also from there. (Assuming my info is correct). According to my grandfather, Mike Torre, his mother went back there when her mom got sick. He thinks his mom died there. He and a few siblings went to Italy and came back to Pennsylvania in 1909. Do you have any advise on how to find out any info on Giovanni and Caterina's family... and did she die over there? Thanks.

Linda
Linda Ann Thompson
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You can write (form etters) to the town vital statistics office for birth, marriage and death certificates free of charge

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the formletters in Italian language provided you have both names and date or year of birth or even approximate year of birth will do.

the address to send the form letter(s) is www.tuttitalia.it/campania/56-bellosquadro and scroll down to MUNICIPIO and send to Ufficio di Stato Civile atr that address. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:...
the address to send the form letter(s) is www.tuttitalia.it/campania/56-bellosquadro and scroll down to MUNICIPIO and send to Ufficio di Stato Civile atr that address. =Peter=
the link above is misspelled, the correct one is www.tuttitalia.it/campania/56-bellosguardo 8O