I am trying to find someone who can read an old 1828 Hungarian census record in Latin script. I am looking for the name of a town or area in Germany that these few families emigrated in 1785. Actually only the first 4 or 5 lines is all that is need. Contact me and I will send the Latin script.
Gerald Kisabeth
Canton, Michiga USA
Latin Text script
Re: Latin Text script
You can post the picture in the forum and we'll try to transcribe it, or if you have the text we'll provide a translation.
Luca
Luca
Re: Latin Text script
In this Latin script, I am looking for a specific location that these German families emigrated to the new village in Hungary called Ujvencsello. The date was 1785 and they were brought in as serfs from the landowner Samuel Dessewffy who is mentioned in line 2. The location would be an area such as Swabia, Bavaria, Alsec-Lorraine etc.... or a town such as Stuggart or county like Wuertemberg-Baden and would likley show in the lines around the 1785 date.
Also I am looking for a number of families that were brought in. I was told from 14 to 30 to 40 families.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thabks,
Gerald KIsabeth
Canton, Michigan USA
Also I am looking for a number of families that were brought in. I was told from 14 to 30 to 40 families.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thabks,
Gerald KIsabeth
Canton, Michigan USA
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Latin Text script
Since there are only a few lines and inthe event there are no takers for your translation you can go to www.italatin.com/latin.html and click on the professional translations link. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Latin Text script
Sorry, but i can't help you (the picture is of a low quality and the names are too different from italian for me).
L.
L.
