SURNAME - TOGNENI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
giofranco

SURNAME - TOGNENI

Post by giofranco »

HI TOGNERI FUNAI
I AM INQUIRING FOR A NEIGHBOUR WHOSE NAME IS TOGNERI - IS THIS
NAME ITALIAN - SHE THINKS HER FAMILY CAME FROM TUSCANY - ANY INFO WOULD BE WELCOME --- ALSO INFO OR CONTACTS ON THE NAME
FUNAI WHICH IS MY MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: SURNAME - TOGNENI

Post by PeterTimber »

ANTONI is the basename of the Togni, Tognello, Tognetti, Tognini,Tognoli and Togneni Tognati Tognazzi Tognana which is the derivative of the abbreviation for Antoni starting with Toni, Tonelli.......tonegato. anyything with D', De or Di before the variations, alterations, derivations and abbreviations are predominantly from the South.

There are other variations going North. Togneni is not found in the Toscana and if you go to www.gens..labo.net/en/cognomi and put in Togneni you can see there is no distribtuion. There is a distribution for Togneri which is the spelling you also gave us.?????

Funai is not listed inthe Italiansurname ditctionary and is either local inorigin and/or imported from abroad and italianized and are all Italian surnames. =Peter=
~Peter~
giofranco

Post by giofranco »

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
I FOLLOWED SOME OF YOUR WEB LINKS ON A PREVIOUS OCCASION AND
THERE WERE CONNECTIONS WITH THE MAME FUNAI IN JAPAN - BUT I KNOW THEY WERE IN BARGA BEFORE 1740 ---WHERE WOULD YOU RECOMEND I LOOK FOR THE HISTORY OF WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THAT AREA AROUND 1850
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I think that there is someone inthe Rigali family genealogy that has a Funai in the family. Go to www.members.tripod.com/~rigali and take a look. I believe there is a contact person listed.

Further Funai shows up in the Barga 1841 city census but thats about all just a name on a list.

You might want to look up the history of Barga in Google.com using that title for any research information on Barga in the 1840's. There are 380 references to browse and may be helpful. =Peter=
~Peter~