I'm trying to locate information or family connections for my grandfather, Alessandro Lucchesi (sometimes spelled Luchessi or even Luchesi), born 11 February 1868, from Lucca. His Petition for Naturalization lists place of birth as "Lussigniarno." I've never been able to locate this place, although there is a similar name (Lusignano) in the Lucca area. In the 1920 US Census his name is listed as "Andrew Luchessi." He was a switchman for Western Pacific Railroad in Stockton CA and was married to Elida (or Ida) Maggesi, born 29 November 1881, probably from Garfagnana.
The family name Ghilarducci was mentioned by a relative in connection with my grandfather, but the exact relationship is unknown. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with finding this link.
Thanks!
Lucchesi, Maggesi, Ghilarducci from Lucca & Garfagnana
Re: Lucchesi, Maggesi, Ghilarducci from Lucca & Garfagnana
I'm trying to find information on my Great Grandfather & G Grandmother
Matteo Ghilarducci & Adele Pasquini
Matteo Ghilarducci & Adele Pasquini

