Translation please Italian to English

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
magicjhl

Translation please Italian to English

Post by magicjhl »

Hello,
I received this via email - I think it is telling me to send a special request?

Can someone please translate this for me?

Thank you!

Questo ufficio non è competente per fornire questo genere d'informazioni e non compie indagini di ricerca. Il nostro compito è certificare lo status dei cittadini, partendo da dati certi e di diretta conoscenza.
Le posso solo suggerire di rivolgersi al Dipartimento XIII - I^ U.O. Anagrafe e Stato Civile Via Luigi Petroselli, 50 - 00186 Roma
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translation please Italian to English

Post by liviomoreno »

This deportment is not qualified to provide this type of information and does not perform any type of research. Our mission is to certify the citizen's status, using specific data and having the direct knowledge. We suggest you make your request to Dipartimento XIII - I^ U.O. Anagrafe e Stato Civile Via Luigi Petroselli, 50 - 00186 Roma
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

magicjhl wrote:Hello,
I received this via email - I think it is telling me to send a special request?

Can someone please translate this for me?

Thank you!

Questo ufficio non è competente per fornire questo genere d'informazioni e non compie indagini di ricerca. Il nostro compito è certificare lo status dei cittadini, partendo da dati certi e di diretta conoscenza.
Le posso solo suggerire di rivolgersi al Dipartimento XIII - I^ U.O. Anagrafe e Stato Civile Via Luigi Petroselli, 50 - 00186 Roma
If you don't mind my asking, what information were you seeking and to whom did you mail (?) the orignal request?
magicjhl

Post by magicjhl »

I was requesting my mother's birth certificate. I included the information I have.

I sent my request to Anna Ferando at comune.Roma.it.

Content of my email:

I am looking for the Birth record for Elena Ines Boni (my Mother), born in Rome on 1-1-1920.

I believe her mother's maiden name was Brigotti.

I do not have her father or mother's first name. I think she also had a brother(I think his name was Guglielmo?) and sister, but I do not have their names.

She married my father (James M Rea - US Army) on 1-21-1946 in a civil ceremony, also in Rome. She emigrated to the US on the Vulcania, arriving in the US in June 1946.

Thank you for any information you can help with.

This was my request. I will now look to find out how I get the marriage certificate - and hopefully, that will fill in many blanks. I am sure I have lots of family in Italy, but need the very basic data to research this - and begin to fill in the family tree on my mother side.

Thanks.
magicjhl

Post by magicjhl »

And Thank You Livio! Much appreciated!
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

I do not have her father or mother's first name. I think she also had a brother(I think his name was Guglielmo?) and sister, but I do not have their names.
I don't know if this lead could be of some importance but I found a Guglielmo Boni on this site:

http://cimitericapitolini.amaroma.it/am ... ntiArea.do

http://cimitericapitolini.amaroma.it/am ... ntiArea.do

Nome GUGLIELMO
Cognome BONI
Data nascita 24/01/1925 (birth date)
Luogo nascita
Data morte 06/08/1990 (death date)
Luogo morte ROMA
N.prenotazione 007214
Anno di rilascio 1990
Cimitero FLAMINIO
Tipo LOCULO ADULTI INTERNO
Zona GRUPPO III
SottoZona * * * * *
Fila 01
Numero 9
Nome I livello PIANO TERRA
Valore I livello
Nome II livello CAPPELLA
Valore II livello 23
Nome III livello
Valore III livello

Laura
magicjhl

Post by magicjhl »

Wow! Thank you Laura...I don't know. Certainly the time frame is close - since my mother was born in 1920. Did this record list other family members or a mother's name?

I understand the Dates - Looks like he died in Rome?
Could you translate the other field names for me?

Wow...that would be so great if this were a link to family!

Thank you again!!