How do I write my phone number in Italian?
How do I write my phone number in Italian?
Can you help me write my phone number 717-xxx-xxxx in Italian? I need it for an email to find information about a priest. Thanks!!
Jean
Jean
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
You need to add the international prefix for US (?)
+1 717-xxx-xxxx
+1 717-xxx-xxxx
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
Thank you so much Livio!! You are a blessing!!
-- Oh wait, I tried putting that and the site says:
"il campo *TELEFONO* non contiene un numero telefonico valido. - [ none ]"
What does this mean?? What do I do now?
Thanks,
Jean
-- Oh wait, I tried putting that and the site says:
"il campo *TELEFONO* non contiene un numero telefonico valido. - [ none ]"
What does this mean?? What do I do now?
Thanks,
Jean
Jean
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
The web form is expecting an Italian telephone number ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Italy ). I would just leave the field blank; it is unlikely the priest is going to telephone you, anyway. 
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
What about my email address?
Jean
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
Oh no! I erased my number and it's still stating the same thing!!
Jean
Jean
Jean
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
In the telefono box? No, I doubt that will work.lljg wrote:What about my email address?
Can you just leave it blank? If not, try making it happy with "06 0000 0000"
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
It doesn't like the "06 0000 0000" -- same message!!! Leaving it blank isn't working. Same message.
Jean
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
It also asks for my email address. I wondered if that needed to be written differently.
Sorry for the confusion!
Sorry for the confusion!
Jean
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
Try to put 001717xxxxxx (no spaces)
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
Thank You Livio!!
Now it said "La richiesta è stata inviata con successo. Riceverai le informazioni richieste appena possibile."
Which I'm guessing said, in short, my message was received and they will respond as soon as possible -- right?
Jean
Now it said "La richiesta è stata inviata con successo. Riceverai le informazioni richieste appena possibile."
Which I'm guessing said, in short, my message was received and they will respond as soon as possible -- right?
Jean
Jean
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
"The request was sent successfully. You will receive the info requested as soon as possible"
Re: How do I write my phone number in Italian?
God Bless You Livio!! I immensely appreciate ALL of your help!! I will keep you updated if I hear anything back about the priest who wrote to my GGGM.
Thanks again!
Jean
Thanks again!
Jean
Jean
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
Researching ancestors/relatives from/in Santa Maria Capua Vetere (and possibly other parts of Italy) - surnames: Vollero/Vollaro, Munno, Russo, de Rosa, Rauso, Santora, Longo
