Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hi,
I have my GGM birth act.
On 14 Aug 1857 appeared Raffaele Scialla, 36, contadino, son of deceased Ignazio. A feminine child was born to his wife Maria Tescione, 31, daughter of Alessandro. Child named Anna. I believe Santa Maria was their domicile but could not read it. Is this also the day of birth? Please correct me.
Also, could someone please translate the matrimoni annotation for me.
Thank you,
I can usually handle the words that are on a form because I have a good idea of what I am looking for. Translating multiple words together is still above my pay grade.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Hold on the annotation was added the date above. The 1887 date was not her marriage. Her marriage was in 1883 to Francesco Antonio ? I am still working on his last name, Jim.
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...