Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Has anyone had success, or have tips when dealing with the SF consulate? My brother, sister, Mother and I are just starting the process of citizenship via jure sanguinis.
Also, I am in a different jurisdiction than the rest of my family but we wanted to submit a group application. Am I eligible to do this, or do I need a separate app? I assume this may also be up to the individual consulate.
My brother will apply with the SF consulate, and I will apply with the Chicago consulate. We are combining efforts to obtain documents, and will share the cost of translation too. It will be interesting to see how far apart our appt times/dates are since we will both request them at about the same time.
The SF consulate web page requirements seem a little more straight-forward than Chicago's. Any tips you can share for the process in SF (or Chicago) is greatly appreciated! From what I've read, being organized and well prepared is a must.
Well I did a mail-in appt with SF and that is only available if you live out of state while still in their district. It saved tons of money for us. My biggest suggestion is to periodically check their website to see if the requirements have changed. They won't notify you if they do - I had to scrounge around for another couple translations at the last minute because that didn't occur to me until the week before my appt.
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to see if the Chicago consulate does any mail-in appts, since I am not in IL. My brother will have to go in person since he's only 30 mins from the SF consulate. I guess that's a good thing.
Thanks
In Italy Christmas is usually dedicated to family, while New Year's eve is spend to have fun and celebrate with friends. The most common tradition for New Year's Eve it's called "Veglione" that literally means "The Big Stay Awake". A Veglione is usually organized in restaurants, hotels or clubs and...