Emigration from LATRONICO between 1870-1890 to BRAZIL

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Raimondi

Emigration from LATRONICO between 1870-1890 to BRAZIL

Post by Raimondi »

Hi all

I am trying to find out where I should research in Latronico, Potenza, information that might exist about the year my great grandfather left his hometown to go to Brazil, which ship he took and with whom he travelled.
If anybody could enlighten me about it, I would very much appreciate.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Emigration from LATRONICO between 1870-1890 to BRAZIL

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to this forum. Your town may have kept track of the comings and goings of town residents with an emigration register. You may try to find this out by sending an email to one of the addresses below:

Lardo Angelo angelo.lardo@comune.latronico.pz.it

Castronuovo Egidio egidio.castronuovo@comune.latronico.pz.it

Montanile Domenica domenica.montanile@comune.latronico.pz.it

Gesualdi Mario mario.gesualdi@comune.latronico.pz.it

To help you with writing in Italian, you may wish to refer to the following website:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

There is also a database of Italians to Brazil (1858-1899) by searching the words Cerca le tue radici, but the surname Latronico does not come up when one searches it.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There are also some records online for Brazil at www.familysearchlabs.org
Raimondi

Post by Raimondi »

Wow, Maestra! How nice and how quick! Thank you so much! Will try your suggestions!

Rosaly
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Just two more things-

www.familysearch.org

in the International Genealogical Index for South America on the above website, there are 19 entries for your surname, some from Argentina and some from Brazil. You should check the names in this database, in case any are related to your ancestry.

Also, the email addresses I gave you in my other reply should have no spaces. I also gave you the name of each person with his/her email address, but the names are not part of the email address After deciding which of the 4 email addresses to use (these people seem to all work in the same office, you may address you email to that particular person.

If you want to be successful in getting information from the town in Italy, you must send specific information about your ancestor-first name, year of birth, if you know it, or at least an approximate year of birth, and parents' names.
Raimondi

Post by Raimondi »

Hi Maestra,

Thank you for trying to help!
I tried a search as instructed by you on your last post, but get no results.
Could you please send me a link directly to the search page and what information you input to get the results Raimondi?

I have all the dates in his life, except the date of departure from Italy and arrival in Brasil.
His name was Emidio Raimondi, born 09/07/1859 in Latronico, Potenza.

I hope you can help me one more time!? :)
Grazzie mille!
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The following is the only Raimondi in the database of Italians to Brazil for the years I previously gave you. There is no way to do sound searches for the last name in case it was misspelled, or to search solely by using the first name. I think your best bet is to contact the town office at one of the email addresses I gave you and ask the official there is he/she can provide you with the date of your ancestor's emigration to Brazil. But provide them with the specific info you already have about your ancestor in order to help them locate the information you are seeking.

# Surname
# Raimondi
# Name
# Dalide
# Age
# 27
# Relationship
# Esposa
# Occupation
#
# Place of last residence
# Acquanegra Cremonese
# Province of origin
# Cremona
# Name of the ship
# Matteo Bruzzo
# Date of arrival
# 04/10/1894

Family group:
# Aime Angelo
# Aime Carolina
# Raimondi Dalide
# Aime Ernesto
# Aime Sordello

As to accessing the website, the best way to do it is to do a search on google and just type in cerca le tue radici. You may have trouble with the following url for the website. You also have to register with a username and password

http://213.212.128.168/radici/script/radici.dll
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I know the link above doesn't work. I am trying.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Sorry, you'll have to access that website by just typing the words cerca le tue radici in a search engine on your computer.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie_e.htm

Try the above link for the database for Italians to Brazil