foundling record
Re: foundling record
I requested the allegati records so I will see if there is anything in there. Otherwise I will just try to find out about Maria Corsi's background knowing that she raised him... if I can find out her age in another birth record or the allegati...
Re: foundling record
Maestro-
There is a different record where it states that he was placed in her care - at the same time he was given the name Felice Zampino.
There is a different record where it states that he was placed in her care - at the same time he was given the name Felice Zampino.
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: foundling record
Yes, but I think it's only my suspicious nature. LOL. I don't want to send you off on a wild goose chase. In any event, I think only DNA evidence would prove anything. I would look for an atto di recognizione --- a record whereby an abandoned infant is reclaimed. This didn't happen very often but I would check anyway. In Campobasso, where my family originated, only 3-4% of the abandoned infants were ever reclaimed, and then usually right before a marriage. In Campobasso, the atti di recognizione were usually kept with the diversi records. You might check to see if your town has those records available.So are you suspicious that the woman named is actually the mother? When speaking with a volunteer at the history center, we thought that she could have been a friend of the mother..but the lactation issue sure puts a kink in that...and no tokens...
John Armellino
Re: foundling record
It states parents unknown on his marriage records so he was not reclaimed.
I am suspicious in nature as well, but will just go with the theory that he was abandoned, raised by Maria Corsi because she found him. If something comes out of the allegati, all the better.
Thank you everyone for looking at the records! I truly appreciate everyone's help!!!!
I am suspicious in nature as well, but will just go with the theory that he was abandoned, raised by Maria Corsi because she found him. If something comes out of the allegati, all the better.
Thank you everyone for looking at the records! I truly appreciate everyone's help!!!!
