Translation of documents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
RosyDay

Translation of documents

Post by RosyDay »

I need to translate 3 birth certificates and 2 marriage lic. Does the letter of exemplification need to be translated?

Looking for a professional translator in Queens or Long Island, can anyone recommend any.

Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Translation of documents

Post by PeterTimber »

There is an excellent boook Italian gdenealogical Records byh Trafford R. Cole which canbe purchased or borowed from your nearest library and in Chapters 5 & 12 is devoted to reading records with examples of the Italian birth and marriage records.

if this is not your thing then go to the nearest local Queens High School that teaches Italian and ask a language teacher to translate for you since these documents are almost form letters and easily translated. Even Queens College can provide the same language teacher if they teach Italian.

I do not know anything about a letter of exemplification. The commercial translation service canbe found at www.translation-services-usa.com/new-york-city.php

=Peter=
~Peter~
RosyDay

Post by RosyDay »

thanks
gerardtgibbs

Post by gerardtgibbs »

Anyone know of a translation service in Detroit? I am looking for someone to translate documents and or affix the apostille. Thanks very much.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

~Peter~