Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
This is my best effort. I can't make out everything in the document:
Antonino Lo Piccolo, son of deceased Giuseppe Lo Piccolo and deceased Rosaria Pace, age 84, living in Monte, having received the last sacrament from Vico(?) Curator (?) Monsignor Don GiovannBattista Virgarasa(?), the economical curator, the body was buried in a vault (probably in the wall) in the Chiesa del Carmine (Church of Carmine)- which would be name of the church
I think the word I saw as vico could be an abbreviation for the Italian word vicario which is a vicar. I believe it is used like the word parocco which means parish priest. It's definitely part of the priest's title.
Just for your information-in Manhattan on East 115th- is the Church of Our Lady of Mt Carmel. The name of the church in Italian is Chiesa della Madonna del Carmine. Carmel is used, and not Carmine, in the English translation of the church's name.
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...