Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Maria Concetta, the infant daughter of Nicolo Salamone and Ignazia Gerardi, 2 months-of Monte-died and was buried in the (?) of the Church of Saint Francis. The document doesn't say wall or niche or vault in the church, but I am guessing the burial was in one of these.
on the baptism record the mother's maiden name looks like Guardi.
Dated Dec (day?) 1859
I, father Don Giovanni Battista (Capradoli?-maybe we'll eventually get his surname right)-parish priest, have baptized a young girl born yesterday evening here in Monte to Nicolo Salamone and Ignzia Guardi, married, of Monte. To her I imposed the name Maria Concetta.
The godmother was Maria Concetta (Rxxxpella???) of deceased Master Domenico of (Monreale????)
Diane
The word in Italian maestro (masculine) was used as a title before a name to mean "master of one's trade." I think there is an abbreviation for that word in your document before the godmother's father's name.
The word maestro (masculine) or maestra (feminine, as in my screen name) can also mean teacher, which I was before I retired.
In Latin records, the abbreviation may be Mag. for the word Magister which means the same as Maestro in Italian.
The title can be either honorific like being a Boss, occupying an occupation that requires expertise or legally conferred by a University as teacher or professor. =Peter=
The typical Italian lineage dates from circa 1600, and for most of us that's reasonably profound. But who wants to be "typical" when you might be able to trace a lineage into the 1500s or even into the Middle Ages? Because success in this field requires practice and perseverance, as well as skills m...