Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 30 Jul 2010, 22:37
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/553/ ... birth1.jpg
I just need the actual day of the birth act for Angela and, if possible, a translation of her marriage annotation.
Thank you for your help.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Posts: 3422 Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00
Post
by maestra36 » 30 Jul 2010, 22:41
Jan 1, 1857 date of birth, Jim. Record is dated the 2nd. Baptism on the 2nd
maestra36
Master
Posts: 3422 Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00
Post
by maestra36 » 30 Jul 2010, 22:57
Jim
I am stumped on the month of in the marriage notation. Looks like the 24th.
1881
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:00
Thank you, Peg.
Don't work any harder. I just found the Atti di Matrimonio.
Sorry for the confusion.
Your help is always appreciated.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Posts: 3422 Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00
Post
by maestra36 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:02
spouse Pasquale Cappabianca. Marriage in SMCV
maestra36
Master
Posts: 3422 Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00
Post
by maestra36 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:02
no problem Jim. What is the month of the marriage?
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:06
24 Jan 1882
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Posts: 3422 Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00
Post
by maestra36 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:09
Thanks Jim. I was wondering if that month could somehow be Jan, as I couldn't figure out what else it could be, but it certainly is written very strangely. I was debating between 1881 and 82 for the year of the marriage. The last number for me could have gone either way. I'm glad you have the actual atto di matrimonio for the correct date.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:14
I really should have looked first. I never wish to abuse the wonderful people on the forum who have helped me so much.
Thank you for understanding.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Posts: 3422 Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00
Post
by maestra36 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:25
You've never abused me, Jim. No problem. Always good practice for me.
Peg
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:35
Well, now that I found the Atti, I am unsure of the groom's parents names. It is a bit fuzzy. If necessary, I might be able to rescan it.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Posts: 1372 Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT
Post
by oilman19 » 30 Jul 2010, 23:56
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello , Tamburrino , Mattora /Martora /Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Posts: 3422 Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00
Post
by maestra36 » 31 Jul 2010, 00:02
Groom: age 26, born and resident in SMCV, father deceased Crescenzo. Groom's occupation: colono-tenant farmer. Still working on mother
maestra36
Master
Posts: 3422 Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00
Post
by maestra36 » 31 Jul 2010, 00:13
I think the mother is Teresa di Gennaro. I am pretty sure about the surname