Hi -
Can someone translatethis record? I am curious as to why the mother appears to have 2 last names. ted
Thanks!
C
Help with baptismal record
Re: Help with baptismal record
I can only make out some of the info in the records-
Father Jasper Raia (spelling?) was the chaplain of the parish church of Bisacquino. Yesterday around 12 midnight, Vincenza was born to Joseph Milazzo and Benedicta Lanza (??? Infanco-I can't find any such surname in this town or area and really don't know if this is the surname or not). Joseph and Benedicta were married. The chaplain baptized the baby and imposed the name of Vincenza to her. Godparents were Ioannes (John) Milazzo and Maria Caronna, spouses in the town.
Father Jasper Raia (spelling?) was the chaplain of the parish church of Bisacquino. Yesterday around 12 midnight, Vincenza was born to Joseph Milazzo and Benedicta Lanza (??? Infanco-I can't find any such surname in this town or area and really don't know if this is the surname or not). Joseph and Benedicta were married. The chaplain baptized the baby and imposed the name of Vincenza to her. Godparents were Ioannes (John) Milazzo and Maria Caronna, spouses in the town.
- dixiecricket13
- Veteran

- Posts: 142
- Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 15:03
Re: Help with baptismal record
Hi -
Thanks for the translation. I couldn't make out the name after Lanza either!
-C
Thanks for the translation. I couldn't make out the name after Lanza either!
-C
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with baptismal record
Looks to me like Iafanco and was later corrected by the priest.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- dixiecricket13
- Veteran

- Posts: 142
- Joined: 14 Apr 2010, 15:03
Re: Help with baptismal record
Hi -
I thought it looked like "Infanco" as well. Doesn't that mean infant? If so, why would he have corrected it with Lanza later?
On a separate post, you can find the marriage record of the parents where she is listed as having unknown parents; I am trying to figure out where the name Lanza came into the picture.
-C
I thought it looked like "Infanco" as well. Doesn't that mean infant? If so, why would he have corrected it with Lanza later?
On a separate post, you can find the marriage record of the parents where she is listed as having unknown parents; I am trying to figure out where the name Lanza came into the picture.
-C